- Published: March 2012
- Region: Lithuania
Service Station Retailing in Bulgaria 2010
- Published: December 2010
- Region: Bulgaria
- 49 pages
Based on proprietary market data and insight into the leading fuel retailers, this brief provides you with an up-to-date picture of the service station retailing market in Bulgaria. In addition to outlining service station site numbers, fuel sales, competitor shares, c-store, car wash and automatic network data, it also details retailers' product offerings and future directions.
Scope of the report:
- Benchmark your service station retail offer against the major national players in the sector by examining their number of sites, shops and car washes.
- Develop marketing ideas for your service station shop, car wash and card propositions by examining the activities of other players across Bulgaria.
- Make informed pitches to potential partners by gaining insights into the major retailers’ networks, market shares, fuel throughputs and future plans.
- Assess overall market entry potential by accessing key market indicators including registered cars, national fuel volumes and average prices.
In 2009, the total number of service stations in Bulgaria decreased by 56 sites, and the network has contracted by 20.7% since 2004. However, most of the major players opened new sites, with Lukoil and OMV opening 14 and 11 sites respectively.
In 2009, total fuel consumption in Bulgaria increased by 5.4% versus previous year. Consumption of gasoline grew by 12.1%, although diesel consumption fell back by 1.0% in 2009 over 2008. Petrol prices declined by 21% and diesel prices declined by 29.0%.
At the start of 2010, over three quarters of service stations in Bulgaria featured a shop. Petrol Bulgaria has the largest network of sites with a shop in the country, followed by Lukoil and Shell. All major players in Bulgaria have shops at all of their sites.
Key questions answered:
- Who are the top five players in the service station retail market and how many fuel outlets, motorway & unmanned sites, shops & car wash do they have?
- What is the market share and average fuel throughput per site of the top five players in Bulgaria?
- How is the service station network evolving and which players are opening new outlets as well as increasing forecourt shops and car washes?
- What strategies do the key players have across their fuel and non-fuel offerings in terms of products sold, branding, partnerships and suppliers used? SHOW LESS READ MORE >