- Published: January 2010
- Region: Switzerland
Service Station Retailing in Switzerland 2010
- Published: November 2010
- Region: Switzerland
- 50 pages
Based on proprietary market data and insight into the leading fuel retailers, this brief provides you with an up-to-date picture of the service station retailing market in Switzerland. In addition to outlining service station site numbers, fuel sales, competitor shares, c-store, car wash and automatic network data, it also details retailers' product offerings and future directions.
Scope of the report:
- Benchmark your service station retail offer against the major national players in the sector by examining their number of sites, shops and car washes.
- Develop new marketing ideas for your service station shop, car wash and card propositions by examining the activities of other players in Switzerland.
- Make informed pitches to potential partners by gaining insights into the major retailers’ networks, market shares, fuel throughputs and future plans.
- Assess overall market entry potential by accessing key market indicators including registered cars, national fuel volumes and average prices.
Since 2006 the service station network in Switzerland has expanded by 4.2%. However, in 2009 the total number of Swiss service stations declined by 8 sites, bringing the number of sites to 3,612 at the start of 2010. The top five players by volume share account for 45.6% of service stations in Switzerland.
There was a marginal decline in fuel consumption in Switzerland in 2009. Total fuel volumes sold declined by 1.2% in 2009. In 2009, fuel prices dipped in line with global oil prices after a period of sustained growth over 2003-08. Gasoline prices declined on the year before by 7.4%, while diesel prices declined by 15.0%.Shops are located at 36.4% of the national service station network in Switzerland. At the beginning of 2010 there were 1,316 service station shops in the country. Shell, COOP and BP account for 41.9% of all service station stores in Switzerland.
Key questions answered:
- Who are the top five players in the service station retail market and how many fuel outlets, motorway & unmanned sites, shops & car wash do they have?
- What is the market share and average fuel throughput per site of the top five players in Switzerland?
- How is the service station network evolving and which players are opening new outlets as well as increasing forecourt shops and car washes?
- What strategies do the key players have across their fuel and non-fuel offerings in terms of products sold, branding, partnerships and suppliers used? SHOW LESS READ MORE >