- Language: English
- 1113 Pages
- Published: July 2012
- Region: Global
Handbook of Urologic Cryoablation
- Published: February 2007
- Region: Global
- 210 Pages
- Informa Healthcare
As prostate cancer is the most common type of cancer found in men, the clinical and surgical commitments to treating it are enormous, as well as to be expected given the aging male population. Urologic cryotherapy is one such method for those with organ-confined or minimally-spread prostate cancer. The benefits it offers both patient and surgeon are hugely significant: it is minimally invasive, has a favourable success rate and complication rates, is followed by a short period of recuperation, is repeatable if necessary, and costs considerably less than a radical prostatectomy.
Presenting their adroit surgical and extensive teaching experience with urologic cryoablation in the treatment of renal and prostate cancers, Drs. Daniel Ruskstalis and Aaron Katz, along with a superb team of U.S. contributors, share their mastery of this revolutionary technique with the reader, whether qualified or in-training.
An important, accessible guide to a ground-breaking advance in the treatment of prostate cancer, Handbook of Urologic Cryoablation is requisite reading for those urologic surgeons wishing to perform cryoablation effectively and efficiently for the patient's benefit.
1. Principles of cryosurgical technique - Andrew A. Gage, John M. Baust, John G. Baust;
2. The evolution of cryotherapy for localized prostate cancer - Michael J. Manyak;
3. Pathologic findings after prostatic cryoablation - Isabelle Meiers, David G. Bostwick;
4. Prostate cryosurgery - Ralph J. Miller Jr, Jeffrey K. Cohen;
5. Salvage cryoablation of the prostate - Sean M. Collins, Kristin Kozakowski, Aaron E. Katz;
6. Focal cryoablation of the prostate: patient-specific modifications of ultrasound guided-prostatic cryoablation - Daniel B. Rukstalis;
7. Quality of life following prostate cryoablation - Jennifer Simmons;
8. Technique of renal cryoablation - Brant R. Fulmer;
9. Renal cryoablation: clinical outcomes - John S. Lam, Peter G. Schulam, Arie S. Belldegrun;
10. Percutaneous renal cryoablation: state of the art - Leslie A. Deane, Ralph V. Clayman;
11. Renal ablation: comparison of cryoablation and radiofrequency - Charles C. Wen, Stephen Y. Nakada;
12. Radiologic evaluation following renal cryoablation - W. Bruce Shingleton;
13. Cryosurgery of adrenal tumors - Patrick Davol, John Danella;
14. Economics of a cryoablation program - Michelle Nagel, Michael Enriquez, Daniel Hendricks.
Daniel Rukstalis Geisinger Health System, Danville, PA, USA.
Aaron E. Katz Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, USA.