Egypt Logistics Report 2010
- ID: 1529592
- October 2010
- Region: Egypt
- 107 Pages
- Transport Intelligence
The Egypt Logistics Report 2010 provides an in-depth insight into the characteristics, trends, competitive environment and market size of this increasingly important market.
Egypt is an extremely important market in the Middle East North African region, both as a near-sourcing market for Europe as well as a strong domestic consumer base.
The Egyptian market is one of the most politically stable in the North African region, with the vast majority of the population living and working within the Nile Delta region.
The economy has continued to grow, even during the economic downturn, with GDP growth of 4.7% realised during 2009. While the country is a major exporter of industrial goods, such as oil, as well as textiles and clothing, it is a net importer of consumer goods, representing a good opportunity for overseas companies wanting to set-up an operation in the country.
As with most fast growing economies, the Egyptian logistics market is witnessing high levels of growth, however, sophistication in the sector is currently low. International companies dominate the freight forwarding element of the business while local firms act primarily as traditional transport companies and freight forwarders.
Egypt’s geographic location, being located between North African and the Middle East and bridging the large consumer base in Europe and the important manufacturing activities in Asia, combined with an expanding infrastructure base, is enhancing the country’s position as a global logistics hub.
Who will benefit from the report?
The research has been designed to be particularly relevant for:
- Marketing Directors and Managers
- Financial Analysts
- Logistics Directors and Managers
- Knowledge and Research Managers
As well as logistics companies operating in the market, the report will prove essential for manufacturers and retailers; banks and consultancies.
What’s in the Egypt Logistics market report?
The report contains a comprehensive review of the logistics market in Egypt.
The report was compiled using a mix of both desk research techniques as well as interviews with key industry participants based in and around Cairo.
The in-depth analysis and quantitative data contained in the report will enable the reader to:
- Understand the main trends and developments affecting the evolution of the logistics industry in the country.
- Assess the wider businesses environment, focusing on the political, economic and legal environments present.
- Gain an insight into key customer segments, such as a review of the retail, consumer electronic, textile, pharmaceutical and tourist sectors.
- Identify infrastructural limitations, those projects currently under development as well as proposed improvements .
- Learn about the market size and forecast growth rates for the logistics sector in the country.
- Identify the main international and local operators in the Egyptian logistics market, their activity and recent growth strategies as well as gaining an understanding of their operational capabilities.
- Analyse a number of strategic opportunities in the market, as identified by Ti’s senior analysts after making multiple fact finding trips to Egypt.
- Identify additional gaps in the market as well as future potential opportunities to exploit. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
ABOUT TRANSPORT INTELLIGENCE
1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3 PESTLE ANALYSIS
3.1 POLITICAL ENVIRONMENT
3.12 Current Situation
3.2 ECONOMIC ANALYSIS
3.22 Current Position
3.3 SOCIO-ECONOMIC ANALYSIS
3.4 TECHNOLOGICAL ANALYSIS
3.41 Telephone System
3.42 Mobile Phone Use
3.5 LEGAL ENVIRONMENT
3.51 General Business and Investment Laws
3.52 Investment Incentives and Guarantees Law 8 of 1997
3.53 Companies Law 159 of 1981 and its Amendment
3.54 International Trade Laws
3.55 Transport Related Legislation
3.56 Changes in Transport Legislation
4 BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
4.2 INDUSTRIAL ZONES
4.3 NUMBER OF COMPANIES
4.4 MOST IMPORTANT INDUSTRIAL ZONES
4.41 6th October City
4.42 Tenth Ramadan City
4.43 NASR City
4.44 Burg El Arab City
4.5 FREE ZONES
4.51 Alexandria Free Zone
4.52 Port Said Public Free Zone
4.53 Suez Public Free Zone
4.54 Ismailia Free Zone
4.55 Damietta Public Free Zone
4.56 Shebin El Kom Public Free Zone
4.57 Keft Public Free Zone
4.58 Media Public Free Zone
4.6 MAIN VERTICAL SECTORS
4.62 Information, Communications & Technology (ICT) Sector
4.63 Pharmaceutical / Healthcare Sector
4.67 Building Sector
4.7 FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT (FDI)
4.8 INTERNATIONAL TRADE
4.81 International Trade Partners
4.82 Main Export Commodities
5.21 Alexandria / Dekheila Port
5.22 Suez Port
5.23 Damietta Port
6.24 Port Said / Port Said East
6.25 El Sokhna Port
6.26 Current / Proposed Developments
6.27 Port Volumes
5.3 ROAD NETWORK
5.31 Trans-African Highway Network
5.32 Road Safety
5.41 Cairo International Airport
5.42 Exiting Cargo Facilities
5.43 Air Freight Volumes
5.43 New Cargo City
5.44 Other Cargo facilities
5.5 RAILWAY NETWORK
5.6 INLAND WATERWAYS
5.61 The Suez Canal
6 LOGISTICS COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT
7 COMPANY PROFILES
7.1 MIDDLE EAST FIRMS
7.2 GLOBAL FIRMS
7.21 DB Schenker
7.22 Kuehne + Nagel
7.24 Toll Global Forwarding (TGF) – BALtrans
7.3 CONTRACT LOGISTICS MARKET SIZE
8 COMPETITOR ANALYSIS
9 OPPORTUNITIES IN THE EGYPTIAN LOGISTICS MARKET
10 CONTACT TRANSPORT INTELLIGENCE