Healthcare Cloud Computing (Clinical, EMR, SaaS, Private, Public, Hybrid) Market - Global Trends, Challenges, Opportunities & Forecasts (2012 – 2017)
- Language: English
- 237 Pages
- Published: July 2012
- Region: Global
Analysis of the authors most recent global Cloud IT survey results indicate that the Asia-Pacific region is moving aggressively ahead of US and European regions in both adoption plans and deployment of Cloud IT solutions. The net result is an AsiaPac region poised to leverage competitive advantage of Cloud-based IT into further advantage in global business competition. However, the current, anything-goes, point-solution Cloud IT buying pattern could spell future IT and business management trouble for AsiaPac firms, unless they are able to utilize Cloud-based management solutions effectively.
These are the core findings in this latest research analysis report on Cloud IT adoption: Following the Money and Tipping the Scales: AsiaPac Cloud IT Rides Business Growth to the Top. The report includes not only analysis of our latest regional survey data, but insight and guidance for Cloud IT buyers, managers, and providers regarding the realities of AsiaPac Cloud IT use, and what is to come.
Highlights of this report include the following:
- A significantly greater percentage of firms in the AsiaPac region indicate adoption and use of Cloud IT across all categories of solutions than firms in the North America and Europe regions.
- Cloud IT growth in AsiaPac is surpassing that of North America and Europe because there is more growth and investment in business overall in the AsiaPac region.
- Firms in the AsiaPac region indicate greater planned use of private Cloud services over the next few years than do firms in the North America and Europe regions, suggesting a strong demand for customized Cloud IT solutions.
- Firms in the AsiaPac region indicate greater interest in, and intent to use, PaaS-based development, middleware, and testing tools/services than firms in the North America and Europe regions, suggesting that AsiaPac firms are more likely to build and/or customize Cloud IT solutions.
- A current, anything-goes, point-solution Cloud IT buying pattern could spell future IT and business management trouble for AsiaPac firms, unless they are able to utilize Cloud-based management solutions effectively.
The research program supporting this report includes the following:
- A September 2010 global web survey with more than 540 qualified executive-level participants, conducted in partnership with Bloomberg Businessweek Research Services;
- Interviews with 25 user enterprise executives with Cloud experience;
- Interviews and briefings with more than 50 software and services resellers, ISVs, consulting firms and SIs; and
- Briefings with more than 50 Cloud vendors/providers. SHOW LESS READ MORE >