- Language: English
- Published: October 2004
- Region: United States
FrontRange SAM Solution
- Published: January 2011
- Region: Global
- 13 pages
As IT organizations strive to "deliver more with less," software asset management (SAM) has become a vital corporate capability. It can help organizations to optimize IT licensing expenditure, reduce human resource overhead, and mitigate the compliance risks intrinsic to owning and managing software assets. The FrontRange solution can assist organizations in gaining greater control over software.
Features and benefits
- Project management planning tool for SAM implementations
- Depth and breadth of discovery capabilities.
- Dynamic "best-fit" reconciliation of licenses against installed software.
- Automated software management capabilities covering packaging, testing, and deployment.
- Software asset optimization with usage tracking capabilities.
- FrontRange SAM Essentials provides organizations with a pre-populated project management plan for their SAM implementation.
- FrontRange Discovery is the "engine" behind the SAM solution; it is responsible for finding and inventorying all software across the network.
- FrontRange License Manager is where license records are collated, validated, and reconciled against the software application inventory supplied by FrontRange Discovery.
- FrontRange NetInstall allows IT organizations to automatically deploy, maintain, and upgrade software packages.
Your key questions answered
- Should be considered by any mid-sized or large organization wishing to reduce IT costs by making better use of existing hardware and software assets.
- FrontRange SAM Essentials is relevant to organizations seeking assistance with planning for their SAM implementation.
- In addition to organizations seeking better cost control and efficiency, License Manager is suited to those that need to meet compliance demands.
- FrontRange NetInstall is relevant to organizations with fluid workforces and software needs to reduce the cost and effort of software management. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
FrontRange SAM Essentials
FrontRange License Manager
Software and configuration management
Go to market strategy
Eastleigh Borough Council