- Language: English
- 5 Pages
- Published: April 2012
The Role of User Sentiment in Mainstream IT
- Published: January 2011
- 26 pages
There has been a tendency for the use of social media by organizations to be regarded as a stand-alone issue, separate from mainstream IT; however, the knowledge made available through social media has direct relevance to the way an organization should conduct its business, so organizations should decide how best to integrate this knowledge into mainstream operations.
Features and benefits
- Understand the problems with traditional methods of sentiment analysis and the ways these can be addressed using technology.
- Understand the types of business processes that should include sentiment analysis and how this can be integrated into traditional process models.
- Understand how vendors are approaching the emerging market for sentiment analysis and how the products are evolving.
- Individuals are increasingly using social media as part of their purchase decision-making and to pass on their experiences. Organizations need to become more effective at listening and responsing to these messages.
- There is technology available to assist organizations in including response to user sentiment within their business processes. This is evolving rapidly and expanding in scope to blur the boundaries between it and more traditional IT processes. Organizations should consider how to integrate this into their core IT systems.
Your key questions answered
- What types of organizations can benefit from technology solutions to user sentiment analysis?
- What types of solutions are available, and how are these evolving?
- What is wrong with traditional methods of capturing user sentiment? SHOW LESS READ MORE >
USER OPINION IS AN INCREASINGLY IMPORTANT FACTOR IN BUSINESS PROCESSES
The role of user perception in business processes
The evolving role of marketing
HISTORICALLY, USER OPINION HAS BEEN EXPENSIVE, SLOW TO GATHER, AND OFTEN UNRELIABLE
Traditional perception gathering is imperfect and expensive
THE WEB HAS MADE CUSTOMER OPINION MORE VISIBLE, BUT IT IS STILL DIFFICULT TO ACT UPON
Social media is the connecting middleware
Current mainstream exploitation of social media cannot keep up with the volume
AUTOMATED USER SENTIMENT ANALYSIS CAN BRING SOCIAL MEDIA INTO MAINSTREAM PROCESSES
The benefits of automation
Historical data store
Natural language processing
Scoring and analysis
Workbench or dashboard
Current instances of the use of user perception analysis
Investment strategies and algorithmic trading
PR and marketing opportunities
Identifying sales opportunities
Product launch and campaign optimization
Leading vendors are approaching the market with suites of functionality
USER SENTIMENT NEEDS TO BE INTEGRATED INTO THE RIGHT PLACE IN BUSINESS PROCESSES
We still have to close the loop between understanding sentiment and taking action
Recommendations for enterprises
Recommendations for vendors