• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
The Best Tips & Techniques for Bankruptcy Lawyers When Advising Clients on Loan Workouts in 2011
ExecSense, February 2011, Pages: 60
In The Best Tips & Techniques for Bankruptcy Lawyers When Advising Clients on Loan Workouts in 2011, ExecSense examines the most effective and up-to-date ways bankruptcy lawyers are helping their clients through the process of renegotiating their credit relationships with lenders under distressed circumstances. Take the 60 minutes to view this webinar (on your computer, mobile phone, iPad, Kindle or printed out) to understand how you can implement these best practices to negotiate successful workouts that allow your clients to avoid default and maximize the value of their assets in the year ahead.
Upon ordering, ExecSense will email you a link to download the webinar files for viewing on your computer, mobile phone, iPod, iPad, Kindle or printed out. The downloaded files will include the PowerPoint presentation, audio narration and jpeg images of the slides (for watching on your mobile media device). Take advantage of your next commute, flight, business trip, lunch, or free hour in your schedule to view this webinar.
The webinar is led by an expert on loan workouts, Ellen Friedman (Partner, Friedman Dumas & Springwater LLP), and focuses on:
- Everything you need to know in 60 minutes regarding the most up-to-date and effective strategies for helping your clients through the process of renegotiating their credit relationships with lenders under distressed circumstances so that they may avoid default and maximize the value of their assets in 2011
- Easy-to-implement tips and techniques for bankruptcy lawyers advising their clients in loan workouts, including the types of workouts that bankruptcy lawyers can negotiate for their clients (e.g. decreased payment amounts or interest rate, increased loan term, change of ownership, change of payment method), how to convince lenders that the borrower can pay off the renegotiated loan, the importance of alerting lenders early that a workout is a possibility, the role and importance of the borrower’s intellectual property, the importance of emphasizing the borrower’s non-financial strengths (e.g. honesty, integrity, long-term business planning ability, track record), the role of the board of directors of the borrower, and more
- Negotiating tips for getting better loan workout terms from lenders in the current economy
- The 10 questions most asked by bankruptcy lawyers with respect to negotiating successful loan workouts for their clients in 2011 and how this is different than in years past
- Case studies of other bankruptcy lawyers who have recently negotiated loan workouts for their clients, what worked for best them, what is different in 2011, and important lessons learned that you need to be aware of in the year ahead
Praise for ExecSense Webinars:
"An expeditious way to obtain authoritative current information and ideas on a subject of interest." – David Kera, Partner, Oblon Spivak
"Just in time information to improve knowledge of current topics and trends.” – Thomas M. Armstrong, Attorney, Reid and Riege
“Well organized, well articulated, and easy to follow. The ExecSense webinar I attended was the best virtual learning experience I've had in quite some time.” – Brian K. Moore, HR Communications, Humana