- Published: March 2012
- Region: Canada
- Published: December 2013
- Region: Global, Estonia
- Estonian Academy Publishers
The journal is the only one in the world specialized mainly in oil shale problems. Presents achievements of Estonian specialists but covers basic and applied oil shale research all over the world. Estonia is the only country where oil shale serves as the main source of power. This journal studies the global industry of oil shale, which has boomed in response to the peaking of conventional oil in recent years.
Oil Shale (Goryuchie Slantsy) was founded in 1984 as a joint scientific-technical journal of the Academies of Sciences of the former USSR and Estonian SSR. Oil Shale is concerned with geology, mining, genesis, composition, methods of processing and combustion, economics and utilization of oil shale and bituminous sands, as well as with problems of environment protection. In 1990, the Editorial Board started to reorganize the previous journal having been written mainly in Russian into an international one with the purpose to join the scientists dealing with oil shale research all over the world and to present the achievements of Estonian specialists.
Oil Shale, the journal of the Estonian Academy of Sciences, is administered by the Estonian Academy Publishers from January 1999 and runs on a non-profit base. The journal closely cooperates with the institutes of Tallinn University of Technology.
Volume 27 No. 1 2010
- Anto Raukas 75; p. 1
- Editor’s page. Dear reader!; 3–4
- Pyrolysis kinetics of oil shale from Northern Songliao basin in China; 5–16
Xue Hua-Qing, Li Shu-Yuan, Wang Hong-Yan, Zheng De-Wen,
- Comparison of the thermo-bituminization kinetics of Baltic oil shale in open retorts and autoclaves; 17–25
I. Johannes, L. Tiikma, A. Zaidentsal
- Solvent swelling of Dictyonema oil shale; 26–36
K. Kilk, N. Savest, J. Hruljova, E. Tearo, S. Kamenev, V. Oja
- Preparation of amorphous silica from oil shale residue and surface modification by silane coupling agent; 37–46
Xu Ying-Mei, Qi Ji, He De-Min, Wang Dong-Mei, Chen Hui-Ying,
Guan Jun, Zhang Qiu-Min
- Synthesis of calcium–alumino-silicate hydrates from oil shale ash in different alkaline media; 47–57
J. Reinik, I. Heinmaa, J.-P. Mikkola, K. Kordás, U. Kirso
- Organic geochemical characteristics of Sirnak asphaltites in Southeast Anatolia, Turkey; 58–83
O. Kavak, J. Connan, N. Y. Erik, M. N. Yalçi
- Oil Shale news; 84–88
- In memoriam. Professor Jaan-Mati Punning; pp. 89–90
- In memoriam. Academician, Professor Loit Reintam; pp. 91–92
Colleagues from Department of Soil Science and Agrochemistry of Estonian University of Life Sciences and Editorial Board with Editorial Office of Oil Shale.