• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Viscosity of Nematic Liquid Crystals
CISP - Cambridge International Science Publishing, June 2009
The book gives a systematic account of the hydrodynamic properties of anisotropic liquids (nematic liquid crystals) and describing methods for measuring the anisotropic viscosity and experimental
dependence of the viscosity of nematic liquid crystals on all thermodynamic parameters, compared with empirical approaches developed earlier, molecule-statistical andmolecule-dynamic theories.
The author offers a highly accurate calculation method for predicting the level of viscosity. The structure of modern liquid crystal materials for optoelectronic devices is analysed in detail from the standpoint of preparation of mixtures with optimum viscosity and flow rate.
1. Concepts of hydrosynamics of liquid crystals
2. Methods for measuring the viscosity of liquid crystals
3. Theory of temperature dependence of the viscosity of liquid crystals
4. Dependence of the viscosity of liquid crystals on temperature and pressure
5. Effect of molecular structure on viscosity of liquid crystals