- Language: English
- Published: June 2012
This product is currently not available for purchase.
Frameworks for Integrating Citizenship and Sustainability into Business Strategies and Operations
- Published: June 2009
- 58 Pages
- The Conference Board
Many companies are devoting more attention and resources to addressing citizenship and sustainability in their operations, products, and services, and several of these companies have realized valuable benefits from this new direction. But which processes should corporations adopt to realize these advantages?
Frameworks for Integrating Citizenship and Sustainability into Business Strategies and Operations explores the approaches of 11 North American companies with well-established citizenship and sustainability practices to find out the answer to this question.
This report offers extensive details on the organizational structures these companies have established, the values and goals that guide their efforts, the steps they have taken to integrate citizenship and sustainability into strategic planning and goal setting, and the programs they employ to spread the influence of their citizenship efforts throughout their organizations.
Components of a Successful Citizenship and Sustainability Framework
- Organizational Structure: Identifying the Teams and Players
- Mission, Vision, and Values: Crafting a Coherent Message
- Goal Setting and Strategic Planning: Establishing a Solid Agenda
- Deployment, Integration, Alignment, and Accountability: Framing for Ongoing Success
- Management Systems: Establishing a Continuous Improvement Process
- Stakeholder Engagement: Fostering Open Dialogue
- NGO and Government Partnerships: Building on Common Concerns
- Supply Chain Programs: Creating Solid Links
- Putting It Together
- Abbott Laboratories
- Alcan Inc.
- Aveda Corporation
- Baxter International Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- The Coca-Cola Company
- Dow Corning
- Florida Power & Light Co.
- Hospira, Inc.
- J. C. Penney Company, Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
About This Report