- Language: English
- 134 Pages
- Published: January 2012
- Region: World
Canada B2C E-Commerce Report 2011
- Published: February 2011
- Region: World
- 35 Pages
- yStats.com GmbH & Co. KG
Canadian E-Commerce shows positive Growth
In its report ""Canada B2C E-Commerce Report 2011"" examines e-commerce in Canada and provides interesting information about the B2C segment there.
Whereas in 2007 only 19 million people representing 73% of the population were internet users, in 2009, the number of users in Canada had already reached 22 million, a figure which accounted for 80% of the adult population. Furthermore, 92% of users had a high speed internet connection at home. This upward growth also impacts e-commerce as the ""Canada B2C E-Commerce Report 2011"" from yStats.com clearly reveals.
E-Commerce on the rise
Almost 40% of Canadians, representing more than 10 million people, spent a total of 15 billion CAD (approx. 9.5 billion EUR) online in 2009. On average, Canadian online customers placed orders nearly 10 times per year for an average of more than 150 CAD. The vast majority (84%) paid for their purchases directly over the internet.
The ""Canada B2C E-Commerce Report 2011"" also examines the composition of online purchases. The most popular categories in 2009 were travel-oriented purchases as well as media-related products, such as books. Apparel was also purchased online by many Canadians.
The most successful online merchant in 2009 was Amazon.ca, which managed to reach a market share of 40% within the B2C segment. Alongside strong competition from the USA, Canadian merchants such as Aldo Shoes (footwear), Lululemon Athletica (sports equipment), Roots (leather goods) and La Senza (undergarments) were especially successful.
The m-commerce segment also shows great promise; during the first quarter of 2010, 4 million Canadians were already using mobile internet services. Forerunners in this sector include for example Best Buy Canada and Future Shop who have already introduced mobile shopping applications and wish to expand further.
- Current Trends in the E-Commerce Segment
- Sales numbers and growth rates of B2C E-Commerce
- B2C E-Commerce vs. retail and home shopping sales figure comparisons
- Basic data on the number of internet users, penetration, types of used internet connections, number of internet shoppers and demographics (including penetration rates)
- Product rankings, which show the top selling assortments on the internet.
- Rankings and short profiles of the main competitors
- News on leading B2C E-Commerce companies
- In Canada, B2C E-Commerce is on the rise, with 39% of Canadians aged 16 and older shopped online in 2009, buying more than CAD 15 billion worth of goods.
- The majority (84%) of Canadian online shoppers paid directly over the Internet for their purchases in 2009.
- Travel services and arrangements, as well as media and entertainment products, were the leading product categories in B2C E-Commerce in Canada in 2009.
- The number of Internet users in Canada reached 22 million in 2009, accounting for 80% of the adult population.
- Amazon.ca was the leading B2C E-Commerce player in Canada in 2009, reaching a market share of approximately 40%. Alongside strong competition from the USA, Canadian players such as Aldo Shoes (footwear), Roots (leather goods) and La Senza (undergarments) were especially successful." SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. MANAGEMENT SUMMARY
- Internet Usage Trends in Canada
- Demographics of Internet Users, incl. Age, Gender, Education, Income, 2009&2007
- Broadband Internet Usage in Canada
- Online Activities of Internet Users at Home, in %, 2009
- B2C E-Commerce Trends in Canada
- Number and Value of Online Orders in Canada, 2009 & 2007
- Social Network Users in Canada, in millions and in % of Internet Users, 2008-2014
- M-Commerce Trends in Canada
- Most purchased Product Categories by Mobile Shoppers in Canada, in %, 2010
- Total Retail and Distance Sales in Canada, in CAD billion, 2005-2009
- B2C E-Commerce Sales in Canada, in CAD billion, 2005, 2007 & 2009
- Share of B2C E-Commerce Sales on Retail Sales in Canada, in %, 2005, 2007 & 2009
- Types of Goods ordered online, in % of Online Shoppers , 2007 & 2009
6. USERS / SHOPPERS
- Internet Users and its Percentage of Country Population in Canada, 2005, 2007 & 2009
- Total Broadband Subscribers in Canada, compared to Germany, USA and the OECD Average, 2004-2010
- Total Broadband Subscribers per 100 Inhabitants in Canada, compared to Germany, USA and the OECD Average, 2004-2010
- Broadband Subscribers in Canada, by Access Technology, compared to the OECD Average in %, 2010
- Internet Shoppers and Percentage of Country Population in Canada, 2005, 2007 & 2009
- Facts about Amazon.ca
- Facts about Dell.ca
- Facts about Apple.ca
- Selected Online Fashion Retailers in Canada, by Online Activities, 2010
|Electronic (PDF)||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is a single user license, allowing one specific user access to the product.|
|Hard Copy||A printed copy of the report will be shipped to you.|
|CD ROM||The report will be shipped to you in CD ROM format.|
|Site License||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is a site license, allowing all users within a given geographical location of your organisation access to the product.|
|Enterprisewide||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is an enterprise license, allowing all employees within your organisation access to the product.|