- Published: October 2011
Customer Service & Satisfaction in the Australian Electricity Market
- Published: January 2011
- Region: Australia
- 18 pages
This brief summarizes results from a survey of 1,000 consumers in Australia conducted in June 2010. It focuses on issues relating to customer service, reasons for contact, and customer experiences, providing comparisons against other service providers.
Features and benefits
- Survey of Australian households, examining customer service experiences including reasons for complaints.
- Breakdown of responses by state, and by incumbent supplier versus new entrant to show variations across the different supplier types
- For incumbent and traditional retailers over half of customers reported queries were handled well, whereas for new entrants it was under one-third on average
- 47% rated the outcome of their last contact with their electricity supplier as above average
- Two-thirds of those who complain do so because of inaccurate bills and incorrect charges
Your key questions answered
- How do Australian households rate customer service from their electricity and gas supplier?
- How do traditional retailers compare with new entrants to the market?