- Language: English
- 117 Pages
- Published: August 2010
- Region: North America
Automotive at Consumer Electronics Show 2011
- Published: January 2011
- Region: World
The annual Consumer Electronics Show took place in Las Vegas in January. With 2700 exhibitors and 130,000 vistors, the show presented many new technologies and products in a year which could see global consumer electronics sales rising 10% to top US$1 trillion.
This report summarises the key automotive trends at the show, including interviews with key product development heads at Ford, BMW, GM, Mercedes-Benz. We asked them about their current connected car projects and where they see the future technologies being applied in an automotive setting. The report also looks at all the automotive announcements from the show and summarises the key developments in the sector.
In addition the report starts out with a look at the Connected Car market and the oppotunities that are there for suppliers. These include an overview of the current marketplace, a look at key areas of development, the trends likely to take hold in 2011, a look at the issues and challenges in the industry and recommendations for suppliers.
Consumer Electronics Show Round Up
Consumer Electronics - Sales And Trends In 2011
- Trends to watch in 2011
- Intelligent control
- Sensors and Miniaturisation
- Software applications enhancing hardware
Supplier Opportunities in the Connected Car Sector
- What is the connected car?
- Market projections
- What s happening in the industry?
- Industry trends to watch 2011-12
- Key areas for innovation
- Clarion Introduces Two Premium Navigation Units
- NVIDIA Announces Automotive Partners in Audi, BMW and Tesla Motors
- Pioneer Add Social Networking and Internet Radio to In-Car Products
- Visteon & 3M Show 2015 Concept Car
- Zenrin introduce 3D Navigation
OnStar Anywhere Expands Beyond General Motors:
Questions & Answers: Richard Martinek, Director of Retail Marketing and Sales, OnStar
AppLink Launched for Fiesta
- iPhone Joins the SYNC Family
- SYNC Destinations App - "On the Go Navigation"
Ford launches Focus Electric... and lots of technology to go with it
- MyFord Touch for Ford Electric
- Value Charging - by Microsoft
- Charging Station Installation and Support
- MyFord Mobile - Remote control
Questions & Answers - Doug Van Dagens; Global Director, Connected Services Solutions Organization, Ford
- MINI Connected PlugIn.
- Questions and Answers - Stephan Durach; BMW s Head of Group Technology, Palo Alto
GM s EN-V Concept: Future Urban Mobility
- Questions & Answers - Dr Chris Borroni - Bird; Director for Advanced Vehicle Concepts, General
Questions & Answers - Sascha Simon, Manager, Advanced Product Planning, Mercedes-Benz USA
|Electronic (PDF)||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is a single user license, allowing one specific user access to the product.|