• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Influence Online Information has on Chinese Consumer Buying Behavior 2011: 3G & Smartphone Handsets Category Report
DDMA Market Research & Consulting, February 2011, Pages: 74
This insightful report finds that 67% of Shanghai 3G and smartphone owners state that information gathered online had most impact on which handset model they purchased. This indicates that US$ 1.8 billion of Shanghai retail sales in this segment in 2010 was driven mostly by information collected online.
This report introduces to you the key online channels and sources that Shanghai consumers rely on, and explains what type of information is collected in the purchase decision process for mobile phones in general and specifically for 3G and Smartphones.
Importantly, male and female information gathering paths are distinctively different in this category – and are mapped out in detail in this report.
Across the board, our research findings show that pop-up, banner and search engine adverting is wholly non-influential on consumers when they are deciding exactly what to purchase – although these still have their place in general brand building and low price promotions notifications. In general, even the most effective of these three has an influence on no more than 8% of consumer product purchases in the categories we covered.
Results of our large sample quantitative research provide you exact knowledge of where consumers go online to gather information for their 3G and Smartphones purchase decisions. We list the names and importance of these websites in detail to help you better target your business activities in China.
Our Focus Group China qualitative research held through 2010 will help you understand exactly how Shanghai consumers go through their 3G and Smartphones purchase decision – of which the great majority is done with online information.
- 67% of all Shanghai consumers who bought a 3G or a smartphone in the past 12 months state that information collected online had the greatest influence on their final purchase decision in terms of brand or model.
- US$ 2.7 billion of retail sales was generated from the sale of 3G and smartphone handsets in Shanghai in 2010.
- US$ 1.8 billion: Share of 3G and smartphone handset retail sales i n Shanghai i n 2010 was mostly influenced by online information.
Introduction and Report Objectives (Pages 1 - 3)
Chapter 1: Methodology, Design and Key Findings (Pages 4 – 23)
Chapter 2: Does Traditional Media Offer Value for Money Anymore in China or is Word of Mouth Now the Most Influential Source of Product and Brand Information? (Pages 24 – 50)
Chapter 3: Difference in Importance of Online Information Sources across Product Categories (Pages 51 - 64)
Chapter 4: 3G & Smartphones (Pages 65 – 74)
- Key Online Information Channels for Purchases in this Product Category
- Table: Importance of Online Information in this Product Category versus Average Importance
- The Most Influential Online Channels in this Product Category
- Table: The Most Influential Online Channels in this Product Category
- Qualitative insight: How Consumers Gather Information Online in this Product Category
- Purchase Decision Making Process in this Category
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.