- Published: October 2009
- Region: Russia
Business Trends: North American Retail Banking Technology Investment Strategies (Customer Focus)
- Published: February 2011
- Region: North America, United States
- 37 pages
Based on primary research with retail banking technology executives, this study explores IT drivers and strategy along with IT spending plans and investment priorities for the sector in North America in 2011.
Features and benefits
- Unique primary research data based on interviews with 60 IT executives.
- Examination of channels, payments, compliance and risk management, and core systems and lending.
Increasing costs is the main issue CIOs need to tackle when managing core systems. Therefore most technology investments in 2011 will aim at maintenance, development, and platform-cost reduction.
While the majority of upper tier banks from the survey already provide mobile banking service, smaller peers are expecting this functionality to be launched in 2011/12. However, 23% of smaller banks from the survey have no specific plans for mobile banking.
Your key questions answered
- What are the top technology investment priorities for the North American retail banks in 2011?
- What are the prevalent IT strategies and drivers for 2011?
Scope of this presentation
Research and analysis highlights
Key reasons to read this report