• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
TransAlta Corporation: SWOT Analysis & Company Profile
Business Review, January 2011, Pages: 21
Business Review’s TransAlta Corporationcontains a company overview, key facts, locations and subsidiaries, news and events as well as a SWOT analysis of the company.
This SWOT Analysis company profile is a crucial resource for industry executives and anyone looking to quickly understand the key information concerning TransAlta Corporation business.
Business Review’s “TransAlta Corporation: SWOT Analysis & Company Profile” reports utilize a wide range of primary and secondary sources, which are analyzed and presented in a consistent and easily accessible format.
Business Review strictly follows a standardized research methodology to ensure high levels of data quality and these characteristics guarantee a unique report.
- Examines and identifies key information and issues about (TransAlta Corporation) for business intelligence requirements.
- Studies and presents TransAlta Corporation's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities (growth potential) and threats (competition). Strategic and operational business information is objectively reported.
- The profile contains business operations, the company history, major products and services, prospects, key competitors, key employees, locations and subsidiaries.
Reasons To Buy
- Quickly enhance your understanding of the company.
- Obtain details and analysis of the market and competitors as well as internal and external factors which could impact the industry.
- Increase business/sales activities by understanding your competitors’ businesses better.
- Recognize potential partnerships and suppliers.
- Obtain yearly profitability figures.
TransAlta Corporation (TransAlta) is an energy utility company engaged in generation, and wholesale of electricity. The company generates electricity through fuel sources such as coal, natural gas, hydro, wind and geothermal resources. It has more than 85 facilities in three geographic regions which include Canada; the US; and Australia. TransAlta also operates three coal mines namely Highvale and Whitewood in Canada; and Centralia, in the US. It operates through two business segments namely, Generation and Commercial Operations & Development (COD). The company has 9,254 MW of gross generating capacity in operation and 424 MW of net generating capacity under construction. The company has ownership of more than 82 power plants in Canada, the US and Australia and five facilities are under construction across Canada. It is headquartered in Alberta, Canada.
In November 2009, the company acquired 93% of Canadian Hydro Developers, Inc., which has a total generation capacity of 694 MW and an additional 18 MW is under construction. In April 2010, TransAlta shut down all the operations of its Wabamun power plant. In addition, in January 2010, it received a 25-year power purchase agreement from New Brunswick Power Distribution and Customer Service Corporation for an additional 54 MW of wind power.
1. TransAlta Corporation - Company Overview
2. TransAlta Corporation - Key Facts
3. TransAlta Corporation - Business Description
4. TransAlta Corporation - Major Products and Services
5. TransAlta Corporation - History
6. TransAlta Corporation - SWOT Analysis
6.1. SWOT Analysis - Overview
6.1.1. TransAlta Corporation - Strengths
6.1.2. TransAlta Corporation - Weaknesses
6.1.3. TransAlta Corporation - Opportunities
6.1.4. TransAlta Corporation - Threats
7. TransAlta Corporation - Key Competitors
8. TransAlta Corporation - Key Employees
9. TransAlta Corporation - Key Employee Biographies
10. TransAlta Corporation - Company Statement
11. TransAlta Corporation - Locations and Subsidiaries
11.1. Head Office
11.2. Other Locations & Subsidiaries
12. TransAlta Corporation - Financial Ratios
12.1. Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
12.2. Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
12.3. Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
12.4. Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
13. TransAlta Corporation - Share Data
14.2. Ratio Definitions
List of Tables
Table 1: TransAlta Corporation Key Facts
Table 2: TransAlta Corporation Major Products and Services
Table 3: TransAlta Corporation History
Table 4: TransAlta Corporation Key Employees
Table 5: TransAlta Corporation Key Employee Biographies
Table 6: TransAlta Corporation Subsidiaries
Table 7: TransAlta Corporation Locations
Table 8: TransAlta Corporation, Ratios Based On Current Share Price
Table 9: TransAlta Corporation, Annual Ratios
Table 10: TransAlta Corporation, Interim Ratios
Table 11: TransAlta Corporation, Share Data
Table 12: TransAlta Corporation Ratio Definitions
List of Figures
Figure 1: TransAlta Corporation, Ratio Charts