- Language: English
- 60 Minutes
- Published: September 2012
- Region: United States
What to Know Before Signing or Negotiating a Severance Agreement as an HR Executive in 2011
- ID: 1583845
- March 2011
- 60 pages
In What to Know Before Signing or Negotiating a Severance Agreement as an HR Executive in 2011 ExecSense examines the key practical, strategic, legal, and financial considerations that HR executives need to evaluate before negotiating and/or signing off on severance agreements with employees who are being laid off. Take the 60 minutes to view this webinar (on your computer, mobile phone, iPad, Kindle or printed out) to learn the best tips and techniques from other HR executives, understand new legal issues associated with severance agreements in 2011, and best practices for a step-by-step approach for confidently explaining and/or negotiating terms with soon-to-be former employees.
Upon ordering, ExecSense will email you a link to download the webinar files for viewing on your computer, mobile phone, iPod, iPad, Kindle or printed out. The downloaded files will include the PowerPoint presentation, audio narration and jpeg images of the slides (for watching on your mobile media device). Take advantage of your next commute, flight, business trip, lunch, or free hour in your schedule to view this webinar.
The webinar is led by an expert on advising HR executives on severance agreements, Brigitte Yuille, and focuses on:
- Everything you need to know in 60 minutes before signing off on or negotiating a severance agreement in 2011
- A roadmap to the most important practical, strategic, legal, and financial considerations that HR executives need to know about and consider before signing a severance agreement, including the length of the severance period, the salary amount, whether and for how long the employee will receive benefits such as health care, retirement, or life insurance, non-compete/non-solicitation/non-disclosure clauses, training the person taking over their job responsibilities, letters of recommendation, outplacement services, the continued use of their company e-mail account or office while job-hunting, and other key severance agreement terms with employees that are being laid off
- The most effective tips and techniques to help HR executives negotiate more effectively with soon-to-be-former employees
- The 10 questions most asked by HR executives (and their CEO & CFO) about how to more effectively negotiate key severance agreement terms with employees that are being laid off, and how to avoid the most common mistakes that HR executives typically make in this process
- Case studies of other HR executives that have had success negotiating severance agreements that are advantageous to their company, what worked best for them, how they handled uncomfortable situations and questions, and important lessons learned
Praise for ExecSense Webinars:
“Well organized, well articulated, and easy to follow. The ExecSense webinar I attended was the best virtual learning experience I've had in quite some time.” – Brian K. Moore, HR Communications, Humana
“Dynamic, up-to-date resource...” – Tina Ferguson, CEO of Rapid Success Partners
“ExecSense webinars are convenient and on-point…an intelligent discussion on a very relevant subject.” – Meghan Wulff, Focus Management Group
As with any ExecSense webinar, if you are not 100% satisfied with this webinar, you can exchange it for any other webinar. Upon ordering, ExecSense will email you the call-in number for you to listen from your office or mobile phone while viewing the PowerPoint slides (while you can view the PowerPoint online as a webinar, we will also be emailing you the PowerPoint file so you can listen offline, print out the slides, or even transfer the slide jpegs to view on your Blackberry/iPhone/iPod/iPad/Kindle).
SHOW LESS READ MORE >