With a rich history in pay-for-performance programs, HealthPartners is developing new measures and incentives to move from driving volume in healthcare services to driving value.
During Aligning Physician Incentives for Shared Risk and Reward Across the Healthcare Continuum, Babette Apland, senior vice president of health and care management for HealthPartners, shared how HealthPartners is aligning physician incentives and shared savings with pay-for-performance programs and a total cost of care initiative.
You will learn:
- How HealthPartners is sharing risk and reward with its owned physician practices and its contracted network;
- The discrete cost and quality measures HealthPartners uses that embrace the Institute for Healthcare Improvement's Triple Aim;
- Methodologies for adjusting for risk in pay-for-performance programs and in setting total cost of care targets; and
- Program results in terms of health outcomes, utilization of services and healthcare costs...including which two measures had significant impacts on cost and quality.
You can listen to this program right in your office and enjoy significant savings – no travel time or hassle; no hotel expenses.
It’s so convenient! Invite your staff members to gather around a conference table to listen to the CD, DVD or the On Demand version.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS CONFERENCE?
- Medical directors
- Physician practice leaders
- Business development and strategic planning directors
Prior to coming to HealthPartners, Apland was a healthcare consultant for hospital and clinic care systems. Before that, she served as vice president of Mount Sinai Hospital, and was executive director of Phillips Eye Institute.
Apland earned a Bachelor of Science at University of Cincinnati, Master of Science from Purdue University and a Master in Business Administration from University of Minnesota.