- Language: English
- 55 Pages
- Published: April 2011
- Region: China, World
Global and China 1,4-Butanediol (BDO) Industry Report, 2010-2011 (Chinese Version)
- Published: April 2011
- Region: China, World
- 55 Pages
- Research In China
1, 4-butanediol (BDO) is an important raw material for basic organic chemicals and fine chemicals. Subject to the financial crisis, the global BDO capacity has showed sluggish growth, up merely 3.7% year on year in 2010. Due to high technology thresholds and limited raw material sources, the BDO production is highly concentrated. The world’s major BDO manufacturers include Germany’s BASF, Taiwan’s Dairen, America’s Lyondell and ISP, China’s Shanxi Sanwei Group, with BDO capacity of 520 thousand tons, 256 thousand tons, 188 thousand tons, 153 thousand tons and 150 thousand tons respectively in 2010, accounting for nearly 60% of the world’s total.
On the basis of analyzing the supply & demand, competition pattern and development of global BDO industry, this report lays emphasis on the research of current development, supply & demand, competition pattern and development of downstream industries of Chinese BDO industry.
China’s BDO industry has grown up based on the introduction of advanced technologies from overseas. In 2010, China’s BDO capacity increased 20.2% year on year. In terms of capacity, Shanxi Sanwei Group, accounting for 150 thousand tons (33.6%) of the total capacity in China in 2010, was the largest manufacturer of BDO in China. Xinjiang Markor and Nanjing Bluestar ranked second and third. Enterprises in Chinese Mainland, except Dairen Chemical (Jiangsu) Co., Ltd., generally adopt the Reppe method and maleic anhydride method in BDO production. With the restriction on high energy consumption industries and implementation of energy-saving and emission reduction policies in China, in the future, the percentage of BDO facilities adopting Reppe method will decrease, whereas maleic anhydride method will be increasingly adopted thanks to its advantages including small investment, high quality of products, low emission, capability of co-production of THF and GBL and controllable product ratio.
With regard to the demand, driven by the fast development of downstream spandex and PBT industries, the annual average compound growth rate of BDO consumption in China reached 21.9% in 2006-2010. In 2010, the demand for BDO in China totaled 366 thousand tons, up 18.1% year-on-year. In terms of the consumption structure of BDO, THF/PTMEG is the largest consumption market, followed by PBT.
This report not only analyses the status quo, supply and demand, competition pattern, price tendency, development of BDO industry as well as the development trends of downstream industries concerned, but also introduces in detail the current development, operation and prospect of key BDO manufacturers across China and beyond. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. Introduction to 1,4-butanediol (BDO)
1.1 Properties and Application
2. BDO Industry Development Worldwide
2.1 Status Quo
2.4 Competition Pattern
2.5 Price Tendency
2.6 Development Trend
3. BDO Industry Development in China
3.1 Policy Environment
3.4 Competition Pattern
3.5 Import & Export
3.6 Price Tendency
3.7 Development Prospect and Trend
3.7.1 Fierce Competition in the Future
3.7.2 Development of Technology with Independent Intellectual Property Rights
3.7.3 Fast Development of N-butane/Maleic Anhydride Method
4. Development of BDO Downstream Industries
4.1 Global Market
4.2 Chinese Market
5. Major BDO Manufacturers Worldwide
5.1.2 BDO Business
5.1.3 Business in China
5.2 Dairen Chemical Corp.
5.2.2 BDO Business
5.2.3 Strength and Prospect
5.3.2 BDO Business
5.3.3 Business in China
5.4.2 Business in China
5.5.2 Business in China
5.6.2 Business in China
5.7 Nan Ya Plastics Corporation
6. BDO Manufacturers in China
6.1 Shanxi Sanwei Group Co., Ltd.
6.1.3 Competitive Edge
6.2 Xinjiang Markor Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
6.3 Bluestar New Chemical Materials Co., Ltd., Nanjing Company
6.4 Shandong Dongying Shengli Zhongya Chemical Co., Ltd.
6.5 Shaanxi Bidi’ou Chemical Co., Ltd.
6.6 Fujian Meizhouwan Chlor-Alkali Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
6.7 Sichuan Tianhua Fubang Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
6.8.1 Sinopec Yizheng Chemical Fibre Co., Ltd.
6.8.2 Hebi Coal Industry (Group) Co., Ltd.
6.8.3 Chongqing Jianfeng Chemical Co., Ltd.
6.8.4 Guodian Younglight Energy Chemical Group Co., Ltd.
List of Charts:
- 1, 4-butanediol (BDO) Industry Chain
- Advantages and Disadvantages of BDO Processes of All Kinds
- Application of BDO Technology Worldwide
- Global BDO Capacity by Region, 2010
- Global BDO Capacity, 2009-2011E
- Capacity and Technology of Global Leading BDO Manufacturers, 2010
- Global BDO Demand and Growth Rate, 2007-2011
- BDO Consumption Structure Worldwide, 2010
- Capacity Proportion of Global Leading BDO Manufacturers, 2010
- Price List of BASF, Mar. 2010
- BDO Anti-Dumping Events in China
- Security Deposit Rate and Anti-Dumping Tax Rate China Imposes on BDO Manufacturers in Saudi Arabia and Taiwan
- Key BDO Manufacturers in China and Capacities, 2010
- BDO Capacity and Output of China, 2006-2011E
- New BDO Production Capacity in China, 2011-2013
- BDO Demand in China, 2006-2011
- BDO Consumption Structure by Field in China, 2010
- Major BDO Downstream Customers, 2010
- Capacity Proportion of BDO Manufacturers in China, 2010
- BDO Import and Export Volume of China, 2006-2010
- BDO Price, 2007-2010
- Global PTMEG Capacity, 2007-2010
- Capacity Proportion of Key PTMEG Manufacturers Worldwide, 2010
- PBT Consumer Market by Region, 2009
- PTMEG Manufacturers and Capacities in China, 2008-2013E
- Output of Spandex and Apparent Consumption of PTMEG in China, 2001-2010
- Demand for Spandex and PTMEG in China, 2006-2013E
- Supply and Demand of PTMEG in China, 2007-2013E
- Import & Export Volume of PTMEG in China, 2008-2010
- Import & Export Value of PTMEG in China, 2008-2010
- Average Unit Price of Imported PTMEG in China, 2008-2010
- PTMEG (1800 mol.wt.) Price in East China, 2008-2011
- Demand for PBT in China, 2009-2010
- Capacity of PBT in China, 2008-2010
- PBT Manufacturers and Capacities in China, 2010
- Import & Export Volume of PBT in China, 2007-2010
- Major GBL Manufacturers and Capacities in China, 2010
- Capacity Expansion of MDI Manufacturers in China, 2006-2012E
- Location, Capacity and Technology of BDO Facilities of BASF, 2010
- Capacity of Prime Products of Dairen Chemical Corporation, 2009
- Location and Capacity of BDO Facilities of Dairen Chemical Corporation, 2010
- BDO Industry Chain of Dairen Chemical Corporation, 2009
- Location, Capacity and Technology of BDO Facilities of Lyondell, 2010
- Location, Capacity and Technology of BDO Facilities of ISP, 2010
- Seven Business Areas of DuPont, 2010
- BDO Capacity, Output and Output Value of Nan Ya Plastics Corporation, 2007-2009
- BDO Sales Volume and Sales Value of Nan Ya Plastics Corporation, 2007-2009
- Quantity and Ratio of BDO Products for Self-Use and for Sale of Nan Ya Plastics Corporation, 2007-2009
- Operating Income and Total Profit of Shanxi Sanwei Group Co., Ltd., 2007-2010
- Operating Income of Shanxi Sanwei Group Co., Ltd. by Product, 2009-2010
- Operation Income Structure of Shanxi Sanwei Group Co., Ltd. by Region, 2009-2010
- Output and Sales Volume of Prime Products of Shanxi Sanwei Group Co., Ltd., 2009-2010
- BDO Industrial Chain Products and Capacities of Shanxi Sanwei Group Co., Ltd., 2010
- Dairen Chemical Corp.
- Nan Ya Plastics Corporation
- Shanxi Sanwei Group Co., Ltd.
- Xinjiang Markor Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- Bluestar New Chemical Materials Co., Ltd., Nanjing Company
- Shandong Dongying Shengli Zhongya Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Shaanxi Bidi’ou Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Fujian Meizhouwan Chlor-Alkali Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- Sichuan Tianhua Fubang Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- Sinopec Yizheng Chemical Fibre Co., Ltd.
- Hebi Coal Industry (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Chongqing Jianfeng Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Guodian Younglight Energy Chemical Group Co., Ltd.
|Electronic||The report will be emailed to you.||This is a single user license, allowing one specific user access to the product.|
|Hard Copy||A printed copy of the report will be shipped to you.|
|Enterprisewide||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is an enterprise license, allowing all employees within your organisation access to the product.|