Fastenal Company (FAST) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Fastenal Company (Fastenal) is specialized in the distribution of industrial and construction supplies. The company principally engages in sale of industrial and construction supplies through wholesale and retail stores. Fastenal operates 2,490 stores located in the US, Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico, Singapore, China, The Netherlands, Malaysia and Panama. Fastenal industrial and construction supplies are grouped into ten product lines. The product portfolio of the company comprises material handling, storage and packaging, safety, fasteners, power transmission and fleet maintenance, tools and equipment, HVAC, electrical, chemicals and paint, janitorial, hydraulics, pneumatics and plumbing, welding, abrasives, cutting tools and metalworking, metals, alloys, materials, and fabrication. Fastenal offers high quality products to its customers. It operates 14 distribution centers in North America. Fastenal is headquartered in Winona, Minnesota, the US.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Fastenal Company provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Fastenal Company - Key Facts
Fastenal Company - Key Employees
Fastenal Company - Key Employee Biographies
Fastenal Company - Major Products and Services
Fastenal Company - History
Fastenal Company - Company Statement
Fastenal Company - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Fastenal Company - Business Description
Fastenal Company - Corporate Strategy
Fastenal Company - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Fastenal Company - Strengths
Strength - Strong Growth Prospects
Strength - Strong Financial Performance
Strength - Comprehensive Product Line
Strength - Wide Distribution Network
Fastenal Company - Weaknesses
Weakness - Legal Proceedings
Weakness - Geographical Concentration: the US
Fastenal Company - Opportunities
Opportunity - Global Infrastructure Spending
Opportunity - Growth Prospect: Emerging Markets
Opportunity - Strategic Expansion of Stores
Fastenal Company - Threats
Threat - Dearth of Qualified Personnel
Threat - Intense Competition
Threat - Price Fluctuation of Building Materials
Fastenal Company - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Fastenal Company, Recent Deals Summary
Section 4 – Appendix