Kiwibank Limited - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Kiwibank Limited (Kiwibank), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kiwi Group Holdings is one of the leading banks in New Zealand. The bank along with its subsidiaries provides a wide range of banking products and services to individuals and businesses. The group’s personal banking products and services include home loans, personal loans, credit cards, everyday accounts, savings accounts, investments services, and insurance products. Business banking products and services offered by Kiwibank include business lending, cheque accounts, credit cards, investments, merchant services, and insurance. The group is also engaged in providing payment services, international banking and wealth management services. Kiwibank offers its products and services through New Zealand Post’s network of more than 300 outlets, a team of mobile mortgage specialists, and direct services through its headquarters. Kiwibank is headquartered in Wellington, New Zealand.
The bank focuses on cost reduction leading to improvement in the cost to income ratio. The bank maintained a strong focus on customer funding, which accounted for 80% of all bank funding. For the fiscal 2011, the bank launched notice saver accounts and continued to capture a considerable share in of the mortgage market with aggressive short-term fixed and variable rate offers. In the future, the bank aims to focus on growing its small and medium enterprise business banking client base, which is expected to open up significant opportunities for its growth.
GlobalData’s Kiwibank Limited - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company’s key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report’s detailed insight into the company’s strategic, business and operational performance. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
Section 1 - About the Company
Kiwibank Limited - Key Facts
Kiwibank Limited - Key Employees
Kiwibank Limited - Key Employee Biographies
Kiwibank Limited - Major Products and Services
Kiwibank Limited - History
Kiwibank Limited - Company Statement
Kiwibank Limited - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Kiwibank Limited - Business Description
Kiwibank Limited - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Kiwibank Limited - Strengths
Strength - Strong Growth
Strength - Capital Adequacy
Strength - Better Segmental Performance
Kiwibank Limited - Weaknesses
Weakness - High Debt to equity Ratio
Weakness - Increased Impairment Losses
Kiwibank Limited - Opportunities
Opportunity - Strategic Initiatives
Opportunity - Strategic Focus on Business Banking
Opportunity - Positive Outlook for Banking:Asset Quality
Kiwibank Limited - Threats
Threat - Stiff Competition
Threat - Basel III Norms on Capital Requirements
Threat - Turbulent Global Markets
Kiwibank Limited - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Appendix
List of Tables
Kiwibank Limited, Key Facts
Kiwibank Limited, Key Employees
Kiwibank Limited, Key Employee Biographies
Kiwibank Limited, Major Products and Services
Kiwibank Limited, History
Kiwibank Limited, Other Locations
Kiwibank Limited, Subsidiaries
Kiwibank Limited, Key Competitors