- Published: October 2011
Dialing In: Enhancing the Call Center Experience
- Published: March 2011
- 47 pages
The call center remains an important part of the banking experience. Although it is generally less popular than the branch and has been eclipsed in some areas by the online channel, consumers remain comfortable with the convenience of telephone banking. Technological advances mean that call centers will continue to develop going forward and will remain a key part of a multi-channel experience.
Features and benefits
- Uses proprietary surveys to gain insight into consumer attitudes and behavior towards the call center channel.
- Investigates the future direction of telephone banking as technology develops.
- Provides case studies of best practice examples from across the globe.
- Despite advances in other channels, consumers and financial services providers agree that call centers remain an important part of the overall banking experience. For banks the call center is an important channel of interaction that permits closer contact with customers. Strategically this allows them to drive consumer loyalty and cross-selling.
- As a result of greater automation and the standardization of services, companies may be able to use customer service as a way of marketing themselves and competing with others. However, social media can also publicize negative feedback, and companies which do not improve their call center offering may find themselves at the sharp end of criticism.
- Technological change is likely to see a reversal of the need to group all call center staff in the same location. Call center agents are more likely to be able to work from home or even on the move due to the normalization of high speed Internet connections. The caller could be directed to a customer service representative located nearby.
Your key questions answered
- Understand what consumers value in the call center channel.
- Acquire insight into the possible future direction of the call center.
- Read case studies of financial services providers that have brought in innovative ideas regarding the call center channel.
SHOW LESS READ MORE >