- Language: English
- 2008 Pages
- Published: October 2012
- Region: World
Canada Telecommunications Report Q2 2011
- Published: April 2011
- Region: Canada
- 90 Pages
- Business Monitor International
The Canada Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)’s independent 5-year industry forecasts through end-2015 on the future strength of Canada’s ICT market, covering fixed-line, mobile and internet segments, and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. All leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
The Canada Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Canada.
- Benchmark BMI's independent 5-year telecoms industry forecast for Canada to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Canadian telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Canada's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes, and major deals, projects and investments in Canada.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs, latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering ICT, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors, and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI’s Telecommunications Business Environment Rating provides a country-comparative risk-reward index aimed at investors – vendors, operators and suppliers – in the regional telecoms market.
The ratings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
BMI 5-Year Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and 5-year forecasts to end-2015 for all key industry indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Fixed-Line Telephony - Telephone lines ('000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony - Mobile phone subscribers ('000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; mobile phone subscribers/100 fixed line subscribers.
- Internet Markets - Internet users ('000); internet users/100 inhabitants; broadband internet subscribers ('000); broadband internet subscribers/100 inhabitants.
Market Data Analysis
Detailed market analysis of the mobile, mobile content, fixed line and internet segments, broken down into:
- Market Data - Analysis of market size, operator shares, dominant trends, competitive landscape and key quarterly data.
- Technology/Service Rollout - Analysis of rollout/adoption of new technology, such as 3G, WiMAX, IPTV, pay-TV, LTE and value-added handset services (gaming, music, video, apps etc.).
- Mobile Content - The latest trends in content and services available and being introduced by mobile operators. Including a timeline of all the latest major mobile content developments.
- Company Database - A comprehensive breakdown of KPIs of the leading mobile operators, including subscriber figures by type (prepaid and postpaid); 3G subscriber figures; net additions; market share; ARPU; churn rates; minutes of use; voice and non-voice revenue; financial figures, including operating revenues, net profits and EBITDA.
Details of the regulatory bodies and their responsibilities, as well as a special focus on the rules surrounding competition and interconnection. The latest updates in the market’s developments and regulatory rulings.
Examining the competitive positioning and short- to medium-term business strategies of key industry players. Strategy is examined within the context of BMI’s industry forecasts, our macroeconomic views and our understanding of the wider competitive landscape to generate Company SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) analyses.
Latest financial and operating statistics and key company developments are also incorporated within our company profiles, enabling a full evaluation of recent company performance and future growth prospects. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Canada Mobile SWOT
Canada Wireline Market SWOT
Canada Political SWOT
Canada Economic SWOT
Business Environment Ratings
Table: Q211 Business Environment Ratings
Industry Forecast Scenario
Table: Telecoms Sector – Mobile – Historical Data & Forecasts
Table: Telecoms Sector – Fixed Line – Historical Data & Forecasts
Table: Telecoms Sector – Internet – Historical Data & Forecasts
Market Data Analysis
Table: Canada Mobile Market, Q410
Table: Canada Mobile Market Net Additions, Q210-Q410
ARPU & MOU
Table: Blended ARPU Comparison (CAD), 2008-2010
Mobile Contract Wins
Table: Mobile Contract Wins
Table: VAS Timeline
Mobile Operator Data
Table: Canada Mobile Market
Table: Rogers Wireless
Table: Bell Wireless Alliance
Table: TELUS Wireless
Table: SaskTel Mobility
Table: MTS Mobility
Table: Canadian Local Voice Market – No of Subscribers
Cable Operator Growth
Table: CRTC Pay TV Market
Table: Canadian Pay TV Market – No of Subscribers
Table: CRTC Pay TV ARPU
Table: Canadian Broadband Market, Number of Subscribers
Table: High-Speed Internet Subscribers As % Of Homes With Access To High-Speed Internet, 2003-2007
Table: Wireline Developments
Regulatory Environment & Industry Developments
Table: Division Of Regulatory Responsibilities In Canada
Background And Regulatory Bodies
Table: Key Players – Canada Telecoms Sector
Table: Selected Operators Financial Indicators (US$mn)
Bell Canada Enterprises Inc (BCE)
Regional Telecommunications Penetration Overview
Table: Regional Mobile Penetration Overview
Table: Regional Fixed-Line Penetration Overview
Table: Regional Broadband Penetration Overview
Country Snapshot: Canada Demographic Data
Section 1: Population
Table: Demographic Indicators, 2005-2030
Table: Rural/Urban Breakdown, 2005-2030
Section 2: Education And Healthcare
Table: Education, 2000-2003
Table: Vital Statistics, 2005-2030
Section 3: Labour Market And Spending Power
Table: Employment Indicators, 2001-2006
Table: Consumer Expenditure, 2000-2012 (US$)
Table: Average Annual Manufacturing Wages, 2000-2012
Glossary Of Terms
Table: Glossary Of Terms
How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
Table: Key Indicators For Telecommunications Industry Forecasts
Telecoms Business Environment Ratings
Risk/Reward Ratings Methodology
Table: Ratings Indicators
Table: Weighting Of Indicators
- Bell Canada Enterprises Inc (BCE)
- Rogers Communications
|Electronic (PDF)||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is a single user license, allowing one specific user access to the product.|