- Language: English
- 119 Pages
- Published: April 2014
- Region: Global
WTO, Globalization and Indian Agriculture
- ID: 1719095
- April 2011
- Region: India
- 196 Pages
- New Century Publications
The creation of WTO in 1995 and the globalization trends of the recent past have impacted the world economies particularly those of developing countries immensely. Countries worldwide are reshaping their economic and trade policies to meet the challenges of new rules of trade under WTO and intense competition unleashed by the forces of globalization. The changed economic milieu has affected the Indian economy more so the agricultural sector in several ways. The stagnating Indian agriculture has aggravated the urgency for debate on how to meet the challenges of new rules of the game under WTO and globalization.
This book contains 11 research papers contributed by experts in the field which provide deep insights into the various dimensions of the impact of new world economic order on agriculture in India.
1. WTO and Indian Agriculture - G. Bhaskar
2. Indian Agriculture in the Context of Globalization - S. Vijay Kumar
3. GATT, WTO and Challenges to Indian Agriculture - M. Sundara Rao and D. Venkata Rao
4. Women Participation in Indian Agriculture - K. Harathi and B. Deepthi Nanada
5. Globalization and the Changing Role of Women in Agriculture - P. Mercy Kumari, K. Mahendra Kumar and B.S. Rao
6. Some Reflections on Globalization and Indian Agriculture - G. Mallikarjun and Mohd. Iqbal Ali
7. Global Perspective of Indian Agriculture - N.T.K. Naik, G. Rama Krishna and K. Chinna Venkata Swamy
8. Economic Reforms and Indian Agriculture - K. Mohan Reddy, M. Vara Prasad and K. Ugandhar
9. WTO, Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs), and Agriculture - Gajavelli V S and Sohil Vakharia
10. Agriculture in India: Impact of Globalization - Pulla Srinivas, B Netajee and M Narasimharao
11. Special Economic Zones (SEZs) and Indian Agriculture - P. Sambaiah
Appendix: Eleventh Five Year Plan (2007-12) on Agriculture and Allied Activities
Professor Mohd. Iqbal Ali is presently Vice-Chancellor, Satavahana University, Karimnagar, Andhra Pradesh. He has published 45 research papers in National level journal of repute and attended various National and International Conferences. During 2007-2008, he was the coordinator of the UGC-sponsored SAP-DRS-I programme. His areas of specialization for research are Agricultural Economics and Regional Economics.
Dr. G. Bhaskar is currently Head, Department of Economics, Kakatiya University, Warangal, Andhra Pradesh. He has published 1 book and 40 articles in various journals and books and attended about 30 National and International Conferences. His areas of specialization for research and teaching are Development Economics, Agricultural Economics and Environmental Economics.