U.S. Not-For-Profit Health Care System Ratios: Stability In 2011 Gives Providers A Firm Foundation To Face Industry Changes Aug 12
- Language: English
- Published: August 2012
- Region: United States
Many not-for-profit hospitals and health systems continue to grapple with pension costs and will likely face increased pension funding needs in the next several years. Low discount rates -- the rate plan sponsors use to measure the benefit obligation -- have resulted in lower funding levels despite a rebound in asset values. While overall credit quality in the sector was stable in 2010 and should remain so this year, high pension contributions could crowd out other cash needs like capital projects and force more health systems to change their plan design. We believe that hospitals' desire to make pension plan changes in order to reduce costs is occurring within a broader context of revenue pressure and a broad-based review of...
Standard and Poors RatingsXpress Credit Research provides in-depth coverage of international corporates, financial institutions, insurance companies, utilities, sovereigns and structured finance programs. RatingsXpress Credit Research lets users determine the credit rating of holdings and identify key factors underlying an issuer's creditworthiness, distinguishes the different risk exposures for new and existing deals, and provides an understanding of how their analysts interpret key regulatory, political and environmental events and their economic impact.
Research Type: Commentary
Criteria articles describe the thought process and methodology Standard & Poor's analysts use in determining ratings. These commentary pieces discuss both the quantitative (economic and financial) and qualitative (business analysis and caliber of management) aspects of the analysis, as well as legal issues.
- Orlando Hlth
- CDH/Delnor Hlth Sys d/b/a Cadence Hlth & Affiliates
- Rush Univ Med Ctr Obligated Grp
- CHE Trinity Hlth Credit Grp
- Johns Hopkins Hlth Sys Obligated Grp
- Fairview Hlth Svcs
- Duke Univ Hlth Sys
- Crozer Chester Med Ctr
- St. Joseph Hlth Sys
- Adventist Hlth Sys/West
- Cook Children's Med Ctr, Inc.
- McLeod Regl Med Ctr
- Shands Teaching Hosp & Clinics
- Univ of Arizona Hlth Network
- Dignity Hlth
- Mercy Health
- Edward Hosp & Hlth Services Corp
- Memorial Hlth Sys
- Cape Cod Hlthcare Oblig Group
- Scripps Hlth
- University of Pennsylvania Hlth Sys
- Park Nicollet Hlth Svcs
- Univ of Pittsburgh Med Ctr
- Catholic Health Initiatives
- Jefferson Hlth Sys
- Memorial Hermann Hlthcare Sys
- Mission Hlth Inc
- Christiana Care Hlth Svcs
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Ctr & Research Inst Inc
- MedStar Hlth, Inc.
- CHRISTUS Hlth
- Palmetto Hlth
- Essentia Hlth Obligated Grp
- Gundersen Lutheran
- Ascension Health Alliance
- Mountain States Hlth Alliance
- LifeBridge Health, Inc.
- Daughters of Charity Hlth Sys
- Poudre Vy Hlth Sys