Reprinted individual volume from the acclaimed Treatise on Geochemistry, (10 Volume Set, ISBN 0-08-043751-6, published in 2003)
- Comprehensive and authoritative scope and focus
- Reviews from renowned scientists across a range of subjects, providing both overviews and new data, supplemented by extensive bibliographies
- Extensive illustrations and examples from the field
2. The origin and early history of life on earth.
3. Evolution of metabolic pathways.
4. Sedimentary and molecular biomarkers.
6. Biogeochemistry of primary production in the sea.
7. Biogeochemistry of terrestrial primary production.
8. Biogeochemistry of decomposition and detrital processing.
9. Anaerobic metabolism and the production of trace gases.
10. Geological history of the carbon cycle.
11. The contemporary carbon cycle.
12. The global oxygen cycle.
13. The global nitrogen cycle.
14. The global phosphorus cycle.
15. The global sulfur cycle.