• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Timeshare Management. The key issues for hospitality managers
Elsevier Science and Technology, March 2009, Pages: 216
Vacation ownership is becoming a mainstream travel product. Continued growth based on number of units sold and an increasing number of international brands has placed this segment in a very strong position. As the market continues to grow there is an increasing demand for clear and engaging sources of information on the key issues and components of vacation ownership, from both hospitality management students and the public.
This book updates hospitality students in this vacation sector, provides the key background information, explanation of the growth, the components to vacation ownership management and an overview of opportunities in vacation ownership management.
Timeshare Management provides the understanding of the financing, marketing, sales, management, and human resource issues surrounding the subject - vital to any hospitality and tourism student.
- Provides an overview of vacation ownership management by sharing the segment's history, terms, and rules
- Offers skills that are necessary for success in this segment
- Establishes best practice examples through a case study format
1. Vacation ownership resort development: an overview
2. The Vacation Owner
3. The Community
4. Marketing Vacation Ownership Resorts
6. Points vs. Weeks
7. The role of exchange companies
8. Financing in the Timeshare Industry
9. Service Quality Mangement
10. Service Quality Mangement
11. Human Resources
12. Condominium Hotels
13. Vacation ownership expansion
Kaufman, Tammie J.
Professor Conrad Lashley is Professor of Leisure Retailing at the Centre for Leisure Retailing at the Nottingham Business School. His research interests have largely been concerned with service quality management, and specifically employee empowerment in service delivery. He works closely with several major industry organizations including the British Institute of Innkeeping, J. D. Wetherspoon and McDonald's Restaurants Limited.
Schreier, Lisa Ann.