Multidimensional Signal, Image, and Video Processing and Coding. Edition No. 2
- ID: 1768469
- July 2011
- 616 Pages
- Elsevier Science and Technology
This book gives a concise introduction to both image and video processing, providing a balanced coverage between theory, applications and standards. It gives an introduction to both 2-D and 3-D signal processing theory, supported by an introduction to random processes and some essential results from information theory, providing the necessary foundation for a full understanding of the image and video processing concepts that follow. A significant new feature is the explanation of practical network coding methods for image and video transmission. There is also coverage of new approaches such as: super-resolution methods, non-local processing, and directional transforms.
This book also has on-line support that contains many short MATLAB programs that complement examples and exercises on multidimensional signal, image, and video processing. There are numerous short video clips showing applications in video processing and coding, plus a copy of the vidview video player for playing .yuv video files on a Windows PC and an illustration of the effect of packet loss on H.264/AVC coded bitstreams.
New to this edition:
- New appendices on random processes, information theory
- New coverage of image analysis - edge detection, linking, clustering, and segmentation
- Expanded coverage on image sensing and perception, including color spaces.
- Now summarizes the new MPEG coding standards: scalable video coding (SVC) and multiview video coding (MVC), in addition to coverage of H.264/AVC.
- Updated video processing material including new example on scalable video coding and more material on object- and region-based video coding.
- More on video coding for networks including practical network coding (PNC), highlighting the significant advantages of PNC for both video downloading and streaming.
- New coverage of super-resolution methods for image and video.
- Only R&D level tutorial that gives an integrated treatment of image and video processing - topics that are interconnected.
- New chapters on introductory random processes, information theory, and image enhancement and analysis
- Coverage and discussion of the latest standards in video coding: H.264/AVC and the new scalable video standard (SVC) SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Two-Dimensional Signals and Systems
Two-Dimensional Systems and Z-transforms
2-D Discrete Transforms
Two-Dimensional Filter Design
Introductory Image Processing
Image Estimation and Restoration
Digital Image Compression
Three-Dimensional Signals and Systems Properties of 3.D Fourier Transform, 3.D Filters, 3-D Sampling Theorem
Digital Video Processing
Digital Video Compression
Video Transmission over Networks