Printed from http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/1768987
- An exploration of the relationship between sport, tourism and the Olympic Games
- A guide on how to establish Olympic tourism as a phenomenon that goes far beyond the visits of spectators, athletes, officials and dignitaries during the Games themselves.
- An examination of the detail of Olympic tourism flows before, during and after the Games
- Analysis of the requisite partnerships between a range of sport, tourism, Olympic and other agencies to successfully leverage and deliver maximum tourism benefits
- The tools to draw lessons from case studies of previous and forthcoming winter and summer Olympic Games in the 21st Century
- A discussion of the potential tourism legacies of the Olympic Games
The World Tourism Organisation and International Olympic Committee hosted a major international conference on sport and tourism in Barcelona, Spain (February 2001). This conference represented a defining moment in the growing recognition of the relationship between sport and tourism, and specifically in the recognition of the role the Olympic Games can play in tourism generation. The conference represented official recognition of the tourism potential of sport and the Olympic Games by these leading international organisations. Olympic Tourism is a timely response to this international interest and will be an essential resource for all.
- Examines both the impacts of the pre- and post-games periods and the key aspects of policy, planning and strategy required to effectively maximise Olympic tourism
- Underpinned by established theoretical perspectives from tourism and sports tourism it explores the relationship between sport, tourism and the Olympic Games
- Case studies based on cutting edge research in the field, draw lessons from the most recent and forthcoming Olympics
Chapter One - Sport, Tourism & the Olympic Games
Chapter Two - Who are Olympic Tourists?
Chapter Three - The Detail of Olympic Tourism
Chapter Four - Leveraging Olympic Tourism
Chapter Five - Planning for Olympic Tourism
Chapter Six - The Winter Olympic Games
Chapter Seven - The Games of the XXVII Olympiad in Sydney (2000)
Chapter Eight - The Games of the XXVIII Olympiad in Athens (2004)
Chapter Nine - The Games of the XXIX Olympiad in Beijing (2008)
Chapter Ten - The Games of the XXX Olympiad in London (2012)
Order by Fax - using the order form below
Order By Post - print the order form below and send to
Research and Markets,
Fax order form
To place a fax order simply print this form, fill in and fax the completed form to the number below. If you have any questions please email email@example.com
Please verify that the product information is correct and select the format you require.
Please enter the quantity of the report format you require.
|Hard Copy (Hard Back)||EUR 40 + EUR€ 25.00 Shipping/Handling *|
* Shipping/Handling is only charged once per order.
Please enter all the information below in block capitals.
Please fax this form to:
(646) 607-1907 or (646) 964-6609 (from USA)
+353-1-481-1716 or +353-1-653-1571 (from Rest of World)
Please indicate the payment method you would like to use by selecting the appropriate box.
Please post the check, accompanied by this form, to:
Research and Markets,
Please transfer funds to:
27-35 Main Street
If you have a Marketing Code please enter it below:
Please note that by ordering from Research and Markets you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions at http://www.researchandmarkets.com/info/terms.asp