• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Pipeline Planning and Construction Field Manual
Elsevier Science and Technology, June 2011, Pages: 576
The objective of this book is to provide engineers with the necessary tools and techniques for formulating plans, designs, cost estimates and specifications for pipeline construction and field maintenance and modernization programs. Packed with easy to read and understand tables, pipeline schematics, bullet lists and "what to do next" checklists. This easy to use book covers the design, construction, and operation of onshore pipeline systems. The incorporate construction methods, commissioning, pressure testing, and start up into the design of a pipeline system. The focus is on pipeline routing, mechanical design, construction methods, hydraulics, installation, and operations of onshore pipeline systems. With this book readers will acquire and/or consolidate the essential knowledge and skills to design, construct, and operate pipelines. Design and simulation problems are an integral part of this book. With this book in hand, engineers will be able to:
- Routine auditing of technical work output relative to technical input and established criteria and expectations.
- Assessment and estimation of work scope including pipeline design integrity and resourcing requirements from enquiry through to project completion.
- To carry out conceptual designs in support of concept selection studies.
- Back-of-the envelope calculations
- Checklists for maintenance operations
- Checklists for environmental compliance
- Simulations, modeling tools and equipment design
- Guide for pump and pumping station placement
1. Design Basis 2. Route Selection 3. Alignment Sheets 4. Wall Thickness Definition 5. Pipeline Analyses 6. Pipeline End Expansion Analysis 7. Tie-In Spool Expansion Spool and Riser Design 8. Corrosion Protection 9. Specification Writing, Data Sheet Production, Requisition Development & Bid Analysis of Associated Materials and Valves 10. Installation Studies
Menon, E. Shashi
E. Shashi Menon, Vice President of SYSTEK Technologies, Inc. is a registered Professional Engineer in California, with Bachelors and Masters degrees in Mechanical Engineering. He has over 35 years of experience in the Pipeline industry.