The Japanese Defense Industry - Market Opportunities and Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2016
- Published: February 2012
Upgrades again surpassed downgrades among Japanese issuers in the first quarter of 2007. Standard & Poor's Ratings Services raised its ratings on 22 Japanese issuers and downgraded two. Standard & Poor's also revised upward 23 outlooks, which indicate the potential direction of ratings over six months to two years, and one downward. Overall, the percentage of Japanese issuers rated investment grade ('BBB-') or above rose slightly compared to the ratio at the end of 2006. In the corporate sector, three general electronics companies, including Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. Ltd., were upgraded in February, and Mitsui Fudosan Co. Ltd. and Furukawa Electric Co. Ltd. were upgraded in March. In March, five railway companies, such as Tokyu Corp., were upgraded and the...
Standard and Poors RatingsXpress Credit Research provides in-depth coverage of international corporates, financial institutions, insurance companies, utilities, sovereigns and structured finance programs. RatingsXpress Credit Research lets users determine the credit rating of holdings and identify key factors underlying an issuer's creditworthiness, distinguishes the different risk exposures for new and existing deals, and provides an understanding of how their analysts interpret key regulatory, political and environmental events and their economic impact.
Research Type: Commentary
Criteria articles describe the thought process and methodology Standard & Poor's analysts use in determining ratings. These commentary pieces discuss both the quantitative (economic and financial) and qualitative (business analysis and caliber of management) aspects of the analysis, as well as legal issues. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
- Canon Inc.
- Shinsei Bank Ltd.
- Panasonic Corp.
- Aozora Bank Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corp.
- Tokyo Electric Power Co. Inc.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank Ltd.
- Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corp.
- Aioi Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Mitsui Fudosan Co. Ltd.
- Chiba Bank Ltd.
- Fujitsu Ltd.
- Nippon Life Insurance Co.
- Osaka Gas Co. Ltd.
- Chubu Electric Power Co. Inc.
- Joyo Bank Ltd. (Unsolicited Ratings)
- Chugoku Electric Power Co. Inc.
- Shikoku Electric Power Co. Inc.
- Tokyo Gas Co. Ltd.
- The Dai-ichi Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Sumitomo Life Insurance Co.
- Bank of Yokohama Ltd. (Unsolicited Ratings)
- Hachijuni Bank Ltd.
- Juroku Bank Ltd.
- Fuji Fire & Marine Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Kyoei Fire & Marine Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Sanyo Electric Co. Ltd.
- Suzuki Motor Corp.
- NCT Trust and Banking Corp.
- Master Trust Bank of Japan Ltd.
- Tokyu Corp.
- Tobu Railway Co. Ltd.
- Hankyu Hanshin Holdings Inc.
- Odakyu Electric Railway Co. Ltd.
- Hokkaido Electric Power Co. Inc.
- Kansai Electric Power Co. Inc.
- Kyushu Electric Power Co. Inc.
- Tohoku Electric Power Co. Inc.
- 77 Bank Ltd.
- Keiyo Bank Ltd.
- Shinkin Central Bank
- Daiwa Securities Capital Markets Co. Ltd.
- Japan Tobacco Inc.
- Nagoya Railroad Co. Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Materials Corp.
- Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd.
- Furukawa Electric Co. Ltd.
- Chuo Mitsui Trust & Banking Co. Ltd.
- Mizuho Trust & Banking Co. Ltd.
- Japan Housing Finance Agency
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp.
- Citigroup Overseas Holdings Inc.
- Mizuho Bank Ltd.
- Mizuho Corporate Bank Ltd.
- Nippon Building Fund Inc.
- Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc.
- Nikko Cordial Corp.
- Mizuho Financial Group Inc.
- Toyota Tsusho Corp.
- Japan Prime Realty Investment Corp.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc.
- Sojitz Corp.
- Japan Trustee Services Bank Ltd.
- Trust & Custody Services Bank Ltd.
- ShinGinko Tokyo Ltd.
- Okinawa Electric Power Co. Inc.
- Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd.
- Toho Gas Co. Ltd.
- Citibank N.A. (Japan Branches)
|Electronic||The report will be emailed to you.|