- Language: English
- Published: November 2012
Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corp. Ltd. (The) Dec 04
- ID: 1781517
- December 2004
- Region: Hong Kong
- Standard & Poors
The ratings on Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corp. Ltd. (HSBC Asia Pacific) reflect the bank's stand-alone profile, which is enhanced by the advantages of its membership in the wider HSBC Holdings Plc group (HSBC group, A+/Stable/A-1). The foreign currency rating on the bank is constrained by the foreign currency ratings on the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (Foreign currency: A+/Stable/A-1; Local currency: AA-/Stable/A-1+). HSBC Asia Pacific profits from its leading position within the Hong Kong domestic banking sector and its extensive presence within the Asia-Pacific region. Despite a currently difficult operating environment in Hong Kong, characterized by weak loan demand and price competition, the bank continues to report good profitability, diversified earnings, satisfactory asset quality, a stable funding base, and...
Standard and Poors RatingsXpress Credit Research provides in-depth coverage of international corporates, financial institutions, insurance companies, utilities, sovereigns and structured finance programs. RatingsXpress Credit Research lets users determine the credit rating of holdings and identify key factors underlying an issuer's creditworthiness, distinguishes the different risk exposures for new and existing deals, and provides an understanding of how their analysts interpret key regulatory, political and environmental events and their economic impact.
Research Type: Full Analysis
- The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corp. Ltd.
- Beneficial Company LLC
- HSBC USA Inc.
- HSBC Bank PLC
- HSBC France
- Hong Kong (Special Administrative Region)
- HSBC Financial Corp. Ltd.
- HFC Bank Ltd.
- HSBC Holdings Luxembourg S.A.
- HSBC Bank Canada
- HSBC Finance Corp.
- Household Global Funding Inc.
- HSBC Holdings PLC
- Bank of Communications Co. Ltd.
- Beneficial Ltd.
- HSBC Bank Australia Ltd.
- HSBC Private Bank (Suisse) S.A.
- Household International Capital
- Hang Seng Bank Limited
- HSBC Bank Nevada N.A.
- Hang Seng Insurance Co. Ltd.
- HSBC Insurance (Asia) Ltd.
- HSBC Life (UK) Ltd.
- Undershaft (Hamilton) Limited
- HSBC Bank Brasil S.A.
- HSBC Insurance (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.
- HSBC Life (International) Ltd.
- HSBC Medical Insurance Ltd.
- HSBC Private Banking Holdings (Suisse) S.A.
- Hang Seng Life Ltd.