- Language: English
- 774 Pages
- Published: October 2012
- Region: Global
HSBC Bank (Panama) S.A. Nov 08
- Published: November 2008
- Region: Panama
- Standard & Poors
Parent support Strong market position in Central America Good geographic and client diversification Lower adjusted capitalization than peers' Higher nonperforming assets than peers' Standard & Poor's Ratings Services' rating on HSBC Bank (Panama) S.A. reflects the bank's strong market position in Panama and, through its subsidiaries, Central America, and its adequate consolidated operating performance. The ratings also consider Standard & Poor's group methodology, under which we consider HSBC Panama and its main subsidiary, Primer Banco del Istmo S.A. (Banistmo; BBB/Stable/A-3), to be strategically important subsidiaries of HSBC Holdings PLC (AA-/Stable/A-1+). The bank's lower adjusted capitalization according to our methodology, higher nonperforming assets than those of its peers, and relatively high loan-to-deposit ratio balance the ratings. The ratings on HSBC Panama...
Standard and Poors RatingsXpress Credit Research provides in-depth coverage of international corporates, financial institutions, insurance companies, utilities, sovereigns and structured finance programs. RatingsXpress Credit Research lets users determine the credit rating of holdings and identify key factors underlying an issuer's creditworthiness, distinguishes the different risk exposures for new and existing deals, and provides an understanding of how their analysts interpret key regulatory, political and environmental events and their economic impact.
Research Type: Full Analysis SHOW LESS READ MORE >
- HSBC Bank (Panama) S.A.
- Beneficial Company LLC
- HSBC USA Inc.
- HSBC Bank PLC
- HSBC Bank USA N.A.
- HSBC France
- The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corp. Ltd.
- HSBC Financial Corp. Ltd.
- HSBC Holdings Luxembourg S.A.
- HSBC Bank Canada
- HSBC Finance Corp.
- Household Global Funding Inc.
- HSBC Holdings PLC
- HSBC Bank Australia Ltd.
- HSBC Private Bank (Suisse) S.A.
- Household International Capital
- Hang Seng Bank Limited
- HSBC Mexico S.A.
- HSBC Bank Nevada N.A.
- HSBC USA Capital Trust I
- Republic New York Capital I
- Republic New York Capital II
- Hang Seng Insurance Co. Ltd.
- HSBC Insurance (Asia) Ltd.
- HSBC USA Capital Trust II
- HSBC Bank Brasil S.A.
- HSBC Insurance (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.
- HSBC Life (International) Ltd.
- HSBC Capital Funding (Sterling 1) L.P.
- HSBC Capital Funding (Dollar 1) L.P.
- HSBC Private Banking Holdings (Suisse) S.A.
- HSBC Canada Asset Trust
- HSBC Bank Bermuda Ltd.
- Banco Davivienda Salvadoreno S.A
- HSBC Bank Capital Funding (Sterling 1) L.P.
- HSBC Private Bank (Monaco) S.A.
- Primer Banco del Istmo, S.A. (Banistmo)
- HSBC Bank A.S.
- Hang Seng Bank (China) Limited
- HSBC Reinsurance Ltd.
- HSBC Insurance (Bermuda) Ltd.
- QBE General Insurance (Hong Kong) Ltd.
- Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corp. Ltd. (Sydney Branch)