Sustainability in the Global Construction Industry 2011-2012: Market Trends and Opportunities, Forecast of Budgets and Profitability, Construction Industry Procurement and Marketing Initiatives
- Published: October 2011
- Region: Global
Businesses' attitude to the environment is at a tipping point - while the majority are satisfied with 'managing' environmental issues, a growing minority is finding 'green' can be a source of strategic competitive advantage. To take advantage of this opportunity, a step change in corporate mindset is required.
This workshop covers the process of developing a sustainability strategy and embedding it into your business. The workshop comes in the form of recorded seminar accompanied by a workbook which you can use to apply the principles to your organisation.
- The Sustainability Maturity Model - how well is sustainability embedded into your organisation?
- Creating a compelling vision
- Developing an effective sustainability strategy
- Targets - and why choosing the right kind of target can be a key success factor
- From strategy to action - how to develop effective action plans, escaping from the 'tyranny of the present'
- Management systems - how to track progress without stifling your business
(Two parts: workshop recording and pdf workbook)
The workshop is delivered by Gareth Kane, a leading sustainability practioner and author of The Three Secrets of Green Business and The Green Executive.