The Japanese Defense Industry - Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights to 2016: Market Profile
- Published: May 2012
- Region: Japan
The processes that Japan used to solve its nonperforming loan (NPL) crisis of the early 1990s and the lessons learned could be useful in addressing the current global financial turmoil. Japan's NPL problem, which surfaced after the economic bubble burst in 1992, took 12 years to solve. The process was prolonged mainly due to the following: The government failed to comprehend the gravity of the problem at the initial stage, and, as a result, failed to take prompt and drastic action, such as the injection of public funds. The government's actions were small and incremental, and did not function effectively. The prolonged economic slump created new NPLs. The absence of drastic policies was attributable to the government's insufficient financial flexibility...
Standard and Poors RatingsXpress Credit Research provides in-depth coverage of international corporates, financial institutions, insurance companies, utilities, sovereigns and structured finance programs. RatingsXpress Credit Research lets users determine the credit rating of holdings and identify key factors underlying an issuer's creditworthiness, distinguishes the different risk exposures for new and existing deals, and provides an understanding of how their analysts interpret key regulatory, political and environmental events and their economic impact.
Research Type: Commentary
Criteria articles describe the thought process and methodology Standard & Poor's analysts use in determining ratings. These commentary pieces discuss both the quantitative (economic and financial) and qualitative (business analysis and caliber of management) aspects of the analysis, as well as legal issues. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
- Shinsei Bank Ltd.
- Japan (Unsolicited Ratings)
- Norinchukin Bank
- Daiwa Securities Group Inc.
- Aozora Bank Ltd.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank Ltd.
- Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corp.
- Hokuriku Bank Ltd.
- Shizuoka Bank Ltd.
- Chiba Bank Ltd.
- Ashikaga Bank Ltd.
- Joyo Bank Ltd. (Unsolicited Ratings)
- Gunma Bank Ltd.
- Nomura Trust & Banking Co. Ltd.
- Toho Bank Ltd.
- Iyo Bank Ltd.
- Bank of Yokohama Ltd. (Unsolicited Ratings)
- Hachijuni Bank Ltd.
- Nanto Bank Ltd.
- Juroku Bank Ltd.
- Daishi Bank Ltd. (Unsolicited Ratings)
- Bank of Kyoto Ltd.
- Hyakugo Bank Ltd.
- Hiroshima Bank Ltd. (Unsolicited Ratings)
- Bank of Fukuoka Ltd.
- Bank of Nagoya Ltd.
- Higo Bank Ltd.
- Hokkoku Bank Ltd.
- Kagoshima Bank Ltd.
- Shiga Bank Ltd.
- Yamaguchi Bank Ltd.
- Keiyo Bank Ltd.
- Chuo Mitsui Trust & Banking Co. Ltd.
- Bank of Iwate Ltd.
- Mizuho Trust & Banking Co. Ltd.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp.
- Sony Bank Inc.
- Nomura Holdings Inc.
- Seven Bank Ltd.
- Mizuho Bank Ltd.(Old)
- Mizuho Bank Ltd.
- Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc.
- Resona Bank Ltd.
- Mizuho Financial Group Inc.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc.
- Japan Trustee Services Bank Ltd.
- Trust & Custody Services Bank Ltd.
- Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd.
- Citigroup Japan Holdings Corp.