- Language: English
- 142 Pages
- Published: June 2010
- Region: China, Global
Sector Review: Top Taiwanese Companies Make Headway In Restoring Credit Profiles But Difficulties Remain Jul 10
- Published: July 2010
- Region: Taiwan
- Standard & Poors
The global economy's gradual recovery since the second half of 2009 has helped to turn around the weakened credit profiles of many international businesses, and Taiwan's top companies are no exception to this. Rapidly increasing demand from China's fast-growing market, prevailing low interest rates in Taiwan, and consolidation within domestic industries also supported the partial recovery in local firms' credit metrics. However, Standard & Poor's Ratings Services believes that while most of Taiwan's leading corporations are clearly on the road to recovery, the next 12 to 24 months could prove to be an eventful journey. Taiwan's top companies are performing better than they did a year ago, but a full recovery of their credit profiles to pre-recession levels is far...
Standard and Poors RatingsXpress Credit Research provides in-depth coverage of international corporates, financial institutions, insurance companies, utilities, sovereigns and structured finance programs. RatingsXpress Credit Research lets users determine the credit rating of holdings and identify key factors underlying an issuer's creditworthiness, distinguishes the different risk exposures for new and existing deals, and provides an understanding of how their analysts interpret key regulatory, political and environmental events and their economic impact.
Research Type: Commentary
Criteria articles describe the thought process and methodology Standard & Poor's analysts use in determining ratings. These commentary pieces discuss both the quantitative (economic and financial) and qualitative (business analysis and caliber of management) aspects of the analysis, as well as legal issues. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
- China (People's Republic of )
- China Steel Corp.
- Taiwan Power Co.
- Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd.
- Taiwan Mobile Co. Ltd.
- Far EasTone Telecommunications Co. Ltd.
- Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. Ltd.
- United Microelectronics Corp.
- Ritek Corp.
- Siliconware Precision Industries Co. Ltd.
- Yang Ming Marine Transport Corp.
- Compal Electronics Inc.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
- CMC Magnetics Corp. (Unsolicited Ratings)
- China Airlines Ltd.
- Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corp.
- Formosa Plastics Corp.
- Formosa Petrochemical Corp.
- Fortune Motors Co. Ltd.
- Nan Ya Plastics Corp.
- Taiwan Sugar Corp.
- Unimicron Technology Corp.
- Qisda Corp.
- Macronix International Co. Ltd.
- Mai-Liao Power Corp.
- Wan Hai Lines Ltd.
- HannStar Display Corp.
- Chi Mei Optoelectronics Corp.
- Chi Mei Corp.
- Cathay Real Estate Development Co. Ltd.
- Pan Ram International Corp.
- Nanya Technology Corp.
- KWorld Computer Co. Ltd.
- Asia Cement Corp.
- Ho-Ping Power Co.
- Everlight Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Inotera Memories Inc.
- Far Eastern New Century Corp.
- Sintronic Technology Inc.
- Huga Optotech Inc.
- Uni-President Enterprises Corp.
- Solar Applied Materials Technology Corp.
- Chimei Innolux Corp.