Cyber-Security Market - Global Forecast & Trends (2012 – 2017) by Advanced Technologies, Geographical Analysis & Competitive Landscape
- Language: English
- 280 Pages
- Published: June 2012
- Region: Global
Critical Infrastructure refers to the physical facilities, IT networks and overall services and assets necessary for a functioning organization or economy. The Critical Infrastructure course provides an overview of cyber-crime, the kind of threats posed by cyber-terrorists and the core elements of best practice security to protect against such threats.
Key Learning Features:
- Interactive presentations that feature analytical breakdown of a cyber-attack, the impact of cyber-terrorism on Critical Infrastructure elements and the reliability standards created by the North American Electricity Reliability Corporation (NERC) for cyber-security
- Detailed investigation of how a cyber-attack works guiding learner through the process and motivations of cyber-terrorism
- Concise explanation of the basic concepts comprising Critical Infrastructure including telecommunications, business considerations and human factors including a clear demonstration of how central systems such as the Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) operate to reduce critical infrastructure risk.
- Learner certificate upon course completion
- Learner understanding tested and reviewed throughout the course
- User friendly navigation
- Content presented in logical and continuous progression according to instructional design best practices
On successful completion of the Critical Infrastructure Protection course, learners will:
- Be able to recognize and identify what constitutes an attack to a network or a computer system from an unscrupulous individual such as a cyber-terrorist, what their motivation is and how an attack is launched
- Differentiate and distinguish what elements compose a Critical Infrastructure and the possible vulnerabilities of each such element from direct and indirect attacks by hackers and other such cyber-terrorists.
- Develop the ability to see how SCADA systems are used to manage the various Critical Infrastructure elements when faced with cyber-security threats.
Due to the fact that Critical Infrastructure involves vital assets a society or economy needs to function properly, it’s plain to see the balance is very much tipped in the favor of hackers who select their target, acquire the necessary information and launch an attack.
On successful completion of the Critical Infrastructure Protection 101 course learners are provided with a well-rounded survey of the different kinds of attack and how to comply with the requirements to prevent cyber-security breaches, and ultimately made aware of the notion that the more an organization is prepared for such attacks, the lower the negative impact of power outages and major security compromises will be for them and their workforce. SHOW LESS READ MORE >