- Language: English
- 774 Pages
- Published: October 2012
- Region: Global
Industry Report Card: Latin American Electric Utilities Jun 03
- Published: June 2003
- Region: Latin America
- Standard & Poors
The Argentine electricity industry continues to face large uncertainties given that prices for power generators and tariffs for transmitters and distributors were directly or indirectly pesified and frozen during 2002, with little or no compensation up to date. As a result of these events and the strong devaluation of the Argentine peso--from US$1=ArP1 in December 2001 to US$1=ArP2.9 to date--most of the companies that had borrowed foreign currency debt from the international markets have suffered a strong economic imbalance that has led them to default on their debt. These companies are now focusing their efforts on how to continue operating their businesses and adapt their budgets to a much weaker cash flow with a consequent reduction in capital expenditures. If...
Standard and Poors RatingsXpress Credit Research provides in-depth coverage of international corporates, financial institutions, insurance companies, utilities, sovereigns and structured finance programs. RatingsXpress Credit Research lets users determine the credit rating of holdings and identify key factors underlying an issuer's creditworthiness, distinguishes the different risk exposures for new and existing deals, and provides an understanding of how their analysts interpret key regulatory, political and environmental events and their economic impact.
Research Type: Commentary
Criteria articles describe the thought process and methodology Standard & Poor's analysts use in determining ratings. These commentary pieces discuss both the quantitative (economic and financial) and qualitative (business analysis and caliber of management) aspects of the analysis, as well as legal issues. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
- Brazil (Federative Republic of)
- Chile (Republic of)
- Comision Federal De Electricidad
- Argentina (Republic of) (Unsolicited Ratings)
- AES Gener S.A.
- Enersis S.A.
- E-CL S.A.
- Empresa Electrica Guacolda S.A.
- Eletrobras-Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras S.A.
- Espirito Santo Centrais Eletricas S.A.
- Inversora Electrica de Buenos Aires S.A.
- Empresa Distribuidora Y Comercializadora Norte S.A.
- CAPEX S.A.
- Ampla Energia e Servicos S.A
- Companhia de Eletricidade do Estado da Bahia
- Eletropaulo Metropolitana Eletricidade de Sao Paulo S.A.
- Companhia Energetica do Rio Grande do Norte
- Companhia Forca e Luz Cataguazes-Leopoldina
- AES Sul Distribuidora Gaucha de Energia S.A.
- CESP-Companhia Energetica de Sao Paulo
- Transelec S.A.
- Companhia Paulista de Forca e Luz
- Elektro Eletricidade e Servicos S.A.
- Rio Grande Energia S.A.
- Compania de Transporte de Energia Electrica en Alta Tension TRANSENER S.A.