- Published: November 2004
Asia Pacific Casino and Gaming Sector - Focus on China and Macau Edition 2011
- Published: May 2011
- Region: Asia, Australasia
- 51 Pages
- Ken Research Private Limited
The report on “ Asia-Pacific Casino and Gaming Sector-Focus on China and Macau” gives a detailed study of casino and gaming industry performance in overall region further discuses the industry environment in Macau, China, Singapore, and New Zealand. We have analyzed industry with segmentations and trends prevailing in the market. Report also includes global, China and Macau casino and gaming industry forecast. Further we have discussed cause and effect relationship of macroeconomic and industry factors.
Online gaming sector is growing globally though it is facing some restrictions in varied countries as technology is evolving, leaving a significant impact on the industry. The global online gaming market has grown at a CAGR of 18.21% during the period 2002-2010. Europe stands on top, accounting for the largest market share of the global online gaming market, closely followed by North America.
Asia-Pacific is offering many opportunities and strong potential for the gambling industry. Macau is the leading gambling hub in APAC region. In 2009, Asian casinos grew by 3.41% and showed positive growth in the first half of 2010 (2.88%) as compared to the same period last year. In China, sports lottery accounted for 41.88% of the total lottery market while welfare lottery contributed 58.12%. Macau gaming industry is developing with a strong growth rate compared to other Asian countries driven by rising number of tourist arrivals and growing middle class income level.
Rising income level in middle class along with growing trend of working women has worked as a driving factor for casino and gaming industry in Asia Pacific. Casino industry in the region was even resilient in the phase of recession and showed a positive performance in 2009.
The report on “Asia-Pacific Casino and Gaming Sector - Focus on China and Macau” includes a detailed study of casino and gaming industry performance in overall region. The report further discusses the industry environment in Macau, China, Singapore, and New Zealand. We have analyzed industry with segmentations and trends prevailing in the market. The report also includes Global, China and Macau casino and gaming industry forecast. Additionally, we have discussed cause and effect relationship of macroeconomic and industry factors on the industry providing the basis for the future outlook.
- For the period 2004–2009, the global gambling industry recorded a CAGR of 3.58%. The industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.91%, 2010–2015.
- The global online gaming market has grown at a CAGR of 18.21% during the period 2002-2010. The market was estimated to be around USD ~ billion in 2010.
- In 2009, Asian casinos grew by 3.41% and showed positive growth in the first half of 2010 (2.88%) as compared to the same period last year.
- Singapore casino revenue grew by 29.72% compared to results in 2009. The industry is expected to reach USD 6.68 billion by 2015.
- The annual lottery revenue in China expanded with a CAGR 27.38% from 2000-2010. In welfare lottery, computer ticket games accounted for 73% of total welfare lottery sales. The China’s lottery market is estimated to reach USD 46.0 billion by 2015, registering a CAGR of 11.06% from 2010. The sales of computer ticket games is expected to grow by CAGR of 4.43% during 2008-2012.
- Revenue in Macau casino sector increased to 56.5% in 2010 compared to the last year, driven by the increase in number of visitors and strengthening of the Chinese economy. Macau casino and gaming revenue will grow 20.48% in 2011 to reach USD ~ billion and will further grow at a CAGR of 15.77% by 2015.
Scope of the Report
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the Asia Pacific Casino and Gaming Industry including insights on market past performance, demand by segmentation and geography, present analyses and future outlook of the industry.
- The report discusses regulatory environment in different countries of Asia Pacific and also assess the industry trends and developments.
- Discusses industry players positioning and market share which helps to assess scope for new and existing players.
- This research report helps the domestic and international players looking for potential segment in the industry.
- Present report provides a detailed description of casino and gaming industry in China, Singapore and Macau, which will help to analyze scope in different segments of the industry. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. Casino and Gaming Industry Overview
1.1. International Gambling
1.2. Global Betting, Gambling and Gaming Industry
1.3. Global Online Gaming Market
1.4. Types of Gamblers
2. Asia Casino and gaming industry
2.1. Development Trends
2.2. New Zealand Gambling Industry
3. Singapore Casino and Gaming Industry
3.1. Industry performance
3.2. Influence of Tourist Arrival over Gambling Industry in Singapore
4. China Market for Gambling and Lottery
4.1. History and Overview
4.2. Regulatory Structure
4.3. Lottery Market Size in China
4.4. Video Lottery Games and Keno in China
4.5. Lotteries by Segments
4.5.1. Welfare Lottery Market
4.5.2. Sports Lottery Market
4.6. Gambling Industry Trends in China
4.6.1. Welfare Computer Ticket Games
4.6.2. Average Spending per capita in Lottery Market
4.6.3. Number of Mobile Users
4.6.4. China Online Lottery Market
4.6.5. Lottery Law and Amendments
4.6.6. Low gaming penetration rate
4.6.7. Impact of GDP Performance over Gambling Industry in China
4.6.8. Rising Income Level
4.7. Future Outlook of the Casino and Gaming Industry in China
5. Macau Casino and Gaming Industry
5.1. Industry Overview
5.2. Gaming Market Size and Developments
5.2.1. Gross Gambling Revenue
5.2.2. Performance in Casino Sector
5.3. Gambling Industry Trends in Macau
5.3.1. Visitors Arrival and Hotel Statistics
5.3.2. Gambling Industry contributing to Macau GDP
5.4. Baccarat Performance in Macau
5.5. Industry Competition
5.6. Future Outlook of the Casino and Gaming Industry in Macau
5.7. Forecast Methodology
Data Collection Methods
Reasons for the Dependent and Independent Variables
LIST OF FIGURES
Figure 1: Global gaming market by geography in % (2008)
Figure 2: Global gambling and gaming industry gross revenue and forecast (1999-2015f)
Figure 3: Global gambling market share by product category in 2010 (%)
Figure 4: Global online gambling gross gaming revenue (2002-2010)
Figure 5: Global online gambling market share in 2010 (%)
Figure 6: Types of gamblers
Figure 7: Installed slot machines in Macau (2002-2009)
Figure 8: Hong Kong jockey-club revenue (2003-2009)
Figure 9: Casino market in Singapore vs. Regional markets in 2008
Figure 10: Singapore gaming revenue GGR (2004-2010)
Figure 11: Singapore tourist arrival trend (2000-2009)
Figure 12: Singapore visitors’ arrival in 2009
Figure 13: China lottery market development
Figure 14: Regulatory structure of lottery industry in China
Figure 15: China total lottery sales (2001-2010)
Figure 16: Video lottery terminal and keno sales (2005-2012f)
Figure 17: China sports lottery revenue (2006-2010)
Figure 18: China gambling industry growth in terms of market position (2007 & 2008)
Figure 19: China welfare computer ticket games sales (2003-2008 & Jan-Oct 2010)
Figure 20: Lottery average spending per resident in China (2000-2009)
Figure 21: Number of mobile phone users in China (2002-2010)
Figure 22: Mobile games market in China (2007-2012f)
Figure 23: China lottery online sales (2005-2008 & May 2009)
Figure 24: China lottery online sales of the total welfare lottery (2005-2008 & May 2009)
Figure 25: China lottery sales forecast (2010-2015f)
Figure 26: Welfare computer ticket games sales in China (2010-2012e)
Figure 27: Gross gaming revenues in Macau (2005-2010 & Jan-Feb 2011)
Figure 28: Tax revenues from gaming in Macau (2005-2010)
Figure 29: Casino gross gaming revenue in Macau (2008-2010)
Figure 30: Baccarat in Macau (2002-2010)
Figure 31: VIP baccarat % of total gaming revenues (2002-2010)
Figure 32: Macau gaming players market share (2007-2011f)
Figure 33: Macau casino and gaming GGR forecast (2010-2015f)
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1: Gambling sector performance by geography (2009 vs. 2008)
Table 2: China welfare lottery and sub segments market (2009 & 2010)
Table 3: China sports lottery and sub segments market (2009 & 2010)
Table 4: China gaming penetration rate compared to other countries
Table 5: Casino gaming revenue from VIP segment in Macau and % of total gaming revenue (2001-2010)
Table 6: Gross gaming revenues by segment in Macau (2005-2009)
Table 7: Total number of visitors’ arrival in Macau (2008-2010)
Table 8: GDP indicators of Macau (2006-2010)
Table 9: Macro-economic factors analysis and sensitivity on the sector
Table 10: Industry factors analysis and sensitivity on the sector
- Wynn Macau
- Sands China
|Electronic (PDF)||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is a single user license, allowing one specific user access to the product.|
|Hard Copy||A printed copy of the report will be shipped to you.|
|Enterprisewide||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is an enterprise license, allowing all employees within your organisation access to the product.|