• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
An Atlas of Differential Diagnosis in HIV Disease, Second Edition. Encyclopedia of Visual Medicine Series
Informa Healthcare, December 2003, Pages: 200
In the almost ten years since the publication of the first edition of An Atlas of Differential Diagnosis in HIV Disease, there have been significant developments in clinical HIV care. The growth of AIDS in the developing world is continuing at an alarming rate, the introduction of highly active antiretroviral therapy has presented new complications, and the increased longevity of HIV-infected patients has changed the issues involved in long-term HIV management. Completely revised to reflect these changes and incorporating new clinical information, this second edition includes:
- Increased coverage of new and re-emerging diseases such as tuberculosis, tumors, and more esoteric diseases
- Discussions of drug-related side-effects such as the hyperlipidemias produced by antiretroviral drugs
- The different categories of antiretroviral drug therapy, such as nuceleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors, non-nucleosides, and protease inhibitors
- Updates infections and fungal diseases of the skin and the side-effects of drug interactions
- Revised presentation of Pneumocystis, lung tumors, and lymphocytic interstitial pneumonia
Succinct explanations combined with copious illustrations make this an essential resource for the care and management of HIV patients.
Marc C. I. Lipman Royal Free Hospital, London, UK.
Robert W. Baker Royal Free Hospital, London, UK.
Margaret A. Johnson Royal Free Hospital, London, UK.