Industry Report Card: High Commodity Prices Hamper Credit Improvement In Taiwan's Non-Tech Sector Jun 11
- Language: English
- Published: June 2011
- Region: Taiwan
TAIPEI (Standard & Poor's) July 13, 2010--Taiwan's top 100 companies strengthened their performance year-on-year in the first quarter of 2010. But many obstacles could hinder further recovery of their credit profiles in 2010. That's the finding of two commentaries published recently by Standard & Poor's Ratings Services. According to the commentary titled "Top Taiwanese Companies Make Headway In Restoring Credit Profiles, But Difficulties Remain," the pace of global demand recovery and the growing risk of interest rate hikes top the list of uncertainties facing Taiwan's leading companies in 2010. "Rising labor costs in China and the unpredictable nature of the Chinese government's policies to cool down the economy could also put the financial metrics of firms with a strong exposure...
Action: General Comment
Standard and Poors RatingsXpress Credit Research provides in-depth coverage of international corporates, financial institutions, insurance companies, utilities, sovereigns and structured finance programs. RatingsXpress Credit Research lets users determine the credit rating of holdings and identify key factors underlying an issuer's creditworthiness, distinguishes the different risk exposures for new and existing deals, and provides an understanding of how their analysts interpret key regulatory, political and environmental events and their economic impact.
Research type: News
This product is a is a brief one-page announcement of no more than 500 words with a quote from the analyst. It is media and investor focused with no accompanying commentary article. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
- Taiwan Power Co.
- Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd.
- Taiwan Mobile Co. Ltd.
- Far EasTone Telecommunications Co. Ltd.
- Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. Ltd.
- United Microelectronics Corp.
- Ritek Corp.
- Siliconware Precision Industries Co. Ltd.
- Yang Ming Marine Transport Corp.
- Compal Electronics Inc.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
- CMC Magnetics Corp. (Unsolicited Ratings)
- China Airlines Ltd.
- Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corp.
- Formosa Plastics Corp.
- Fortune Motors Co. Ltd.
- Nan Ya Plastics Corp.
- Unimicron Technology Corp.
- Qisda Corp.
- Macronix International Co. Ltd.
- Mai-Liao Power Corp.
- Wan Hai Lines Ltd.
- HannStar Display Corp.
- Chi Mei Optoelectronics Corp.
- Chi Mei Corp.
- Cathay Real Estate Development Co. Ltd.
- Pan Ram International Corp.
- Nanya Technology Corp.
- KWorld Computer Co. Ltd.
- Asia Cement Corp.
- Ho-Ping Power Co.
- Everlight Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Inotera Memories Inc.
- Sintronic Technology Inc.
- Huga Optotech Inc.