• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Taiwan's Wealth Management Business Shows Signs Of Recovery, But Not All Banks Will Benefit, Says S&P Report Jun 10
Standard & Poors, June 2010
TAIPEI (Standard & Poor's) June 28, 2010--Fee-income services such as wealth management could provide a potential income boost for Taiwan's banks as low interest margins and strong competition constrain core lending business growth. That's according to an article, titled "Taiwan Lenders Bank On Wealth Management To Diversify Earnings, But Meaningful Contributions May Take Time," published recently by Standard & Poor's Ratings Services. "Improved risk transparency on investment products and the strengthening local economy are likely to produce a recovery in local investor confidence and demand for wealth management services, which took a nosedive amid the global recession in late 2008. In the long term, wealth management could provide a more sustainable profit source for participating banks," said credit analyst Eunice...
Action: General Comment
Standard and Poors RatingsXpress Credit Research provides in-depth coverage of international corporates, financial institutions, insurance companies, utilities, sovereigns and structured finance programs. RatingsXpress Credit Research lets users determine the credit rating of holdings and identify key factors underlying an issuer's creditworthiness, distinguishes the different risk exposures for new and existing deals, and provides an understanding of how their analysts interpret key regulatory, political and environmental events and their economic impact.
Research type: News
This product is a is a brief one-page announcement of no more than 500 words with a quote from the analyst. It is media and investor focused with no accompanying commentary article.
- Chiao Tung Bank
- Bank of Taiwan
- Chinatrust Commercial Bank
- First Commercial Bank Ltd.
- Mega International Commercial Bank Co. Ltd.
- Cathay United Bank Co. Ltd.
- Taiwan Cooperative Bank Ltd.
- Hua Nan Commercial Bank Ltd.
- China Development Industrial Bank
- Farmers Bank of China
- Capital Securities Co. Ltd.
- Grand Cathay Securities Corp.
- Jih Sun Securities Co. Ltd.
- Masterlink Securities Corp.
- SinoPac Securities Corp.
- Central Trust of China
- Taipei Fubon Commercial Bank Co. Ltd.
- Taishin International Bank Co. Ltd.
- The Shanghai Commercial & Savings Bank Ltd.
- Yuanta Core Pacific Securities Co. Ltd.
- E.SUN Commercial Bank Ltd.
- Fubon Securities Co. Ltd.
- Yuanta Commercial Bank
- Asia Trust & Investment Corp.
- Bank of Kaohsiung
- KGI Securities Co. Ltd.
- China United Trust & Investment Corp.
- Chinfon Commercial Bank
- Cosmos Bank
- International Bank of Taipei
- Polaris Securities Co. Ltd.
- President Securities Corp.
- Chinese Bank (The)
- Union Bank of Taiwan
- Land Bank of Taiwan
- Oriental Securities Corp.
- Hua Nan Securities Co. Ltd.
- Pacific Securities Co. Ltd.
- Taitung Business Bank
- Bank SinoPac
- Fubon Financial Holding Co. Ltd.
- EnTie Commercial Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank (Taiwan) Ltd.
- Industrial Bank of Taiwan
- Taiwan Shin Kong Commercial Bank Co. Ltd.
- Sunny Bank
- Ta Chong Bank Ltd.
- Taiwan Business Bank
- Taiwan International Securities Co. Ltd.
- Mega Securities Co. Ltd.
- China Development Financial Holding Corp.
- Hwatai Bank
- Bank of Panhsin
- Cota Commercial Bank
- King's Town Bank
- Enterprise Bank of Hualien
- Yuanta Securities Co. Ltd.
- Chinatrust Financial Holding Co.
- SinoPac Holdings
- Ta Chong Securities Co. Ltd.
- Taichung Commercial Bank
- Jih Sun International Bank
- Hua Nan Financial Holding Co. Ltd.
- Mega Financial Holding Co. Ltd.
- Citibank Securities (Taiwan) Ltd.
- First Financial Holding Co. Ltd.
- First Securities Inc.
- Cathay Securities Corp.
- Jih Sun Financial Holding Co. Ltd.
- Yuanta Financial Holdings Co. Ltd.
- Bowa Commercial Bank Ltd.
- Agricultural Bank of Taiwan
- Morgan Stanley Taiwan Ltd.
- Citigroup Global Markets Taiwan Securities
- Dah Chang Securities Co. Ltd.
- Taishin Financial Holding Co. Ltd.