- Language: English
- Published: October 2011
- Region: United States
Funding-Agreement-Backed Note Issuance Totals $2.73 Billion For The Third Quarter Of 2009 Oct 09
- Published: October 2009
- Standard & Poors
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services rated $2.73 billion of funding-agreement-backed notes in the third quarter of 2009, which brings total issuance so far this year to $5.08 billion (see the chart). Only two companies--Metropolitan Life Insurance Co., which issued four notes totaling $2.43 billion, and MassMutual Life Insurance Co., which issued one note for $300 million--were active in the market. In the third quarter, there was $377 million of redemptions, bringing the year-to-date total to $4.877 billion. It is important to note that the redemptions were not required by the transaction documents, rather the companies chose to redeem those notes based on current market fundamentals. We are including only one table (maturity schedule by company) in this quarterly update because...
Standard and Poors RatingsXpress Credit Research provides in-depth coverage of international corporates, financial institutions, insurance companies, utilities, sovereigns and structured finance programs. RatingsXpress Credit Research lets users determine the credit rating of holdings and identify key factors underlying an issuer's creditworthiness, distinguishes the different risk exposures for new and existing deals, and provides an understanding of how their analysts interpret key regulatory, political and environmental events and their economic impact.
Research Type: Commentary
Criteria articles describe the thought process and methodology Standard & Poor's analysts use in determining ratings. These commentary pieces discuss both the quantitative (economic and financial) and qualitative (business analysis and caliber of management) aspects of the analysis, as well as legal issues. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
- Nationwide Life Insurance Co.
- John Hancock Life Insurance Co.
- Metropolitan Life Insurance Co.
- New York Life Insurance Co.
- Prudential Insurance Co. of America
- MetLife Insurance Co. of Connecticut
- Protective Life Insurance Co.
- Hartford Life Insurance Co.
- SunAmerica Life Insurance Co.
- Pacific Life Insurance Co.
- Principal Life Insurance Co.
- Security Life of Denver Insurance Co.
- Allstate Life Insurance Co.
- Genworth Life and Annuity Insurance Co.
- Reliance Standard Life Insurance Co.
- Jackson National Life Insurance Co.
- Genworth Life Insurance Co.
- Monumental Life Insurance Co.
- XL Life Insurance and Annuity Co.
- American General Life Insurance Co. of Delaware
- ING U.S. Annuity and Life Insurance Co.
- Sun Life Assurance Co. of Canada (U.S. branch)
- MassMutual Life Insurance Co.