U.S. Health Insurers Are Using Strong Fundamentals To Position Themselves For The Future, Conference Panelists Say Jun 12
- Language: English
- Published: June 2012
- Region: United States
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services rated $1.99 billion of funding agreement-backed notes in the third quarter of 2008 (see Chart 1). This brings total issuance for the year to $24.67 billion. Although this is not the lowest three-quarter total (since 2001, that would be the $23.7 billion issued in 2006), this low number is in our view the direct result of the recent and continuing dislocation of the credit markets. Issuance for the third quarter was down by 63% versus the third quarter of 2007, down 87% from the second quarter of 2008, and down 9% versus the first three quarters of 2007. This past quarter's issuance was the lowest quarterly total since the fourth quarter of 2002, when $3.1...
Standard and Poors RatingsXpress Credit Research provides in-depth coverage of international corporates, financial institutions, insurance companies, utilities, sovereigns and structured finance programs. RatingsXpress Credit Research lets users determine the credit rating of holdings and identify key factors underlying an issuer's creditworthiness, distinguishes the different risk exposures for new and existing deals, and provides an understanding of how their analysts interpret key regulatory, political and environmental events and their economic impact.
Research Type: Commentary
Criteria articles describe the thought process and methodology Standard & Poor's analysts use in determining ratings. These commentary pieces discuss both the quantitative (economic and financial) and qualitative (business analysis and caliber of management) aspects of the analysis, as well as legal issues.
- Combined Insurance Co. of America
- Nationwide Life Insurance Co.
- John Hancock Life Insurance Co.
- Metropolitan Life Insurance Co.
- New York Life Insurance Co.
- Prudential Insurance Co. of America
- First Allmerica Financial Life Insurance Co.
- MetLife Insurance Co. of Connecticut
- Protective Life Insurance Co.
- Hartford Life Insurance Co.
- SunAmerica Life Insurance Co.
- Pacific Life Insurance Co.
- The Manufacturers Life Insurance Co.
- Principal Life Insurance Co.
- Security Life of Denver Insurance Co.
- Allstate Life Insurance Co.
- Genworth Life and Annuity Insurance Co.
- Reliance Standard Life Insurance Co.
- Jackson National Life Insurance Co.
- Genworth Life Insurance Co.
- Sun Life Assurance Co. of Canada (U.S.)
- Monumental Life Insurance Co.
- XL Life Insurance and Annuity Co.
- American General Life Insurance Co. of Delaware
- ING U.S. Annuity and Life Insurance Co.
- MetLife of Connecticut Institutional Funding Ltd.
- Scottish Annuity & Life Insurance Co. (Cayman) Ltd.
- MassMutual Life Insurance Co.
- Premium Asset Trust Certificates 2003-4