- Language: English
- Published: November 2012
- Region: Mexico
Industry Report Card: Sunnier Economic Prospects Should Spur Growth For Mexican, Central American, And Caribbean Banks In 2011 May 11
- Published: May 2011
- Region: Mexico
- Standard & Poors
Despite the global financial crisis of 2008 and 2009, banks in Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean had adequate results, sound asset quality, and good liquidity in 2010 because of favorable, stable deposit-to-loan ratios. In addition, the adequate capitalization in the region allowed the banks to maintain solid financial profiles. The business position and financial performance of banks in this region compare well with other regions. Economic and industry risks in banking systems and sovereign ratings are still the main factors constraining the ratings. During 2010, loan portfolio growth slowed because of lower demand and banks' concerns that the lagging economy might hurt their customers' ability to make payments. Because the region has better economic conditions, Standard & Poor's Ratings...
Standard and Poors RatingsXpress Credit Research provides in-depth coverage of international corporates, financial institutions, insurance companies, utilities, sovereigns and structured finance programs. RatingsXpress Credit Research lets users determine the credit rating of holdings and identify key factors underlying an issuer's creditworthiness, distinguishes the different risk exposures for new and existing deals, and provides an understanding of how their analysts interpret key regulatory, political and environmental events and their economic impact.
Research Type: Commentary
Criteria articles describe the thought process and methodology Standard & Poor's analysts use in determining ratings. These commentary pieces discuss both the quantitative (economic and financial) and qualitative (business analysis and caliber of management) aspects of the analysis, as well as legal issues. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
- Banco Nacional de Mexico S.A.
- Banco Latinoamericano de Comercio Exterior S.A.
- BBVA Bancomer S.A.
- Banco Mercantil del Norte S.A. Institucion de Banca Multiple Grupo Financiero Banorte
- HSBC Mexico S.A.
- Banco Inbursa S.A. Institucion de Banca Multiple Grupo Financiero Inbursa
- Banco General S.A.
- ING Bank Mexico S.A.
- National Commercial Bank Jamaica Ltd.
- First Citizens Bank Ltd.
- Banco Agricola S.A
- Banco Davivienda Salvadoreno S.A
- Banco Internacional de Costa Rica S.A.
- Republic Bank Ltd.
- Banco Industrial S.A.
- BAC International Bank Inc.
- Banco Santander (Mexico) S.A. Institucion de Banca Multiple Grupo Financiero Santander
- IXE Banco S.A. Institución de Banca Múltiple, Grupo Financiero Banorte
- Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (Panama) S.A. y Subsidiaria
- Banco G & T Continental S.A.
- Banca Mifel S.A.
- Multibank Inc. y Subsidiarias
- HSBC Bank (Panama) S.A.