• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Sarbanes-Oxley Insights & Essentials for Venture Capitalists
ExecSense, June 2011, Minutes: 60
In Sarbanes-Oxley Insights & Essentials for Venture Capitalists, ExecSense covers the most up-to-date amendments and developments that venture capitalists need to know about Sarbanes-Oxley. Take the 60 minutes to view this webinar (on your computer, mobile phone, iPad, Kindle or printed out) to understand how updates to Sarbanes-Oxley could impact your portfolio companies that could go public (or portfolio companies that are already public) so that you understand new mandates for financial accounting, reporting, and corporate governance practices in the year ahead.
Upon ordering, ExecSense will email you a link to download the webinar files for viewing on your computer, mobile phone, iPod, iPad, Kindle or printed out. The downloaded files will include the PowerPoint presentation, audio narration and jpeg images of the slides (for watching on your mobile media device). Take advantage of your next commute, flight, business trip, lunch, or free hour in your schedule to view this webinar.
The webinar is led by an expert on advising venture capitalists on Sarbanes-Oxley best practices, David Bakst, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP, and focuses on:
- Everything you need to know in 60 minutes about the most up-to-date developments and mandates regarding how Sarbanes-Oxley impacts venture capitalist and their portfolio companies
- A comprehensive overview of the most up-do-date aspects of Sarbanes-Oxley that impact venture capitalists, including the requirement to form an independent audit committee to review financial reports, the requirement to use accredited public accounting firms and adhere to General Accepted Accounting Principles standards, the responsibility of corporate executives to ensure accurate financial reporting and knowledge of what is going on within their company, the requirement to give the board of directors access to financial data, whistleblower protection from corporate retribution, and other new provisions and mandates
- The most effective best practices for publicly-held companies (or companies contemplating an IPO) to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley, including tips for maintaining internal controls of financial reporting, how to implement document retention policies that comply with Sarbanes-Oxley, how to establish a whistleblower procedure and policy for handling complaints, how to establish a policy prohibiting personal loans to directors and executive officers, and more
- The 10 questions most commonly asked by venture capitalists about updates to Sarbanes-Oxley this year and the impact of Sarbanes-Oxley on their public portfolio companies as well as their portfolio companies considering going public
- Case studies of how other venture capitalists use their knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley to their advantage, examples of portfolio companies that were tripped up by complying with Sarbanes-Oxley, and important lessons learned
Praise for ExecSense Webinars:
“Well organized, well articulated, and easy to follow. The ExecSense webinar I attended was the best virtual learning experience I've had in quite some time.” – Brian K. Moore, HR Communications, Humana
“Dynamic, up-to-date resource...” – Tina Ferguson, CEO of Rapid Success Partners
“ExecSense webinars are convenient and on-point…an intelligent discussion on a very relevant subject.” – Meghan Wulff, Focus Management Group