• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
JBS SA (JBSS3) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
GlobalData, June 2011, Pages: 28
JBS SA (JBSS3) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
JBS SA (JBS) is one of the leading food industries in Brazil. It produces processed, fresh and chilled pork, beef and chicken. The company is engaged in several business units include beef, chicken, pork, poultry, and other products include hygiene cleaning, PET products, biodiesel and collagen through its subsidaries namely, Mouran Alimentos Ltda, JBS Embalagens Metalicas Ltda and JBS Holdings Inc,. JBS manages through the distribution centers and industrial plants in 5 continents. It operates through 143 production plants. Geographically these plants are located, 50 in the USA, 61 located in Brazil, two in Paraguay, one each in Uruguay, China and Russia, 11 in Australia, five in Argentina, eight in Italy and three in Mexico. The company is operating its businesses by different brands namely, Meat includes Friboi, Sola, Anglo, Swift, Hereford, Bertin, Tama, Apeti, Marca target, maturatta, Bordon brands, Milk products includes Mesa, Vigor, franciscano, Carmelita, faixa azul, amelia, leco, serrabella, Leather include Jbs couros, Pet includes Funpet, Higiene e Limpeza, Bio Briz, Lavarte, Cans include Jbs Latas, Collagen include Nova Promf, Biodiesel include Jbs Biodiesel, Transpot include Jbs Transportadora and Vegetable products include Swift, Anglo. The company has involved in greater than 30 acquisitions. The company is headquartered at Sao Paulo, Brazil.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of JBS SA provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
JBS SA - Key Facts
JBS SA - Key Employees
JBS SA - Major Products and Services
JBS SA - History
JBS SA - Company Statement
JBS SA - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
JBS SA - Business Description
JBS SA - Corporate Strategy
JBS SA - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
JBS SA - Strengths
Strength - Broad Product Offerings
Strength - Strong Brand Equity
Strength - Strong Distribution Network
Strength - Strong Financial Performance
JBS SA - Weaknesses
Weakness - Geographical Concentration: the US
Weakness - Highly Leveraged Position
Weakness - Increasing Operating Expenses
JBS SA - Opportunities
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisitions
Opportunity - Rising Demand for Private Labels
Opportunity - Growing Organic Foods Market
Opportunity - Increasing Meat Demand
JBS SA - Threats
Threat - Intense Competition
Threat - Disease Related to Cattle and Poultry
Threat - Stringent Government Regulations
JBS SA - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
American Foods Group, LLC
Usina Moema Acucar e Alcohol Ltda
BRF - Brasil Foods S.A.
Campina Verde Bioenergia Ltda.