Canara Bank (532483) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Canara Bank (Canara Bank) is a commercial bank in India. The bank is engaged in the areas of corporate banking, SME banking, retail banking and other financial businesses. Canara Bank provides various financial products and services including savings, current, fixed, and recurring deposits, as well as term deposits and other deposit products; loans and advances, including personal loans, loans for traders, agricultural loans, export finance, housing loans, and other loans. It also offers non-resident banking services, rural and social banking services, and international banking services. As of December 2010, Canara Bank operated across India through its 3,174 branches. Canara Bank is headquartered in Bangalore, India.
Canara Bank Key Recent Developments…
Jan 12, 2010 Canara Bank To Open Branch In UK
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Canara Bank provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Canara Bank - Key Facts
Canara Bank - Key Employees
Canara Bank - Major Products and Services
Canara Bank - History
Canara Bank - Company Statement
Canara Bank - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Canara Bank - Business Description
Canara Bank - Corporate Strategy
Canara Bank - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Canara Bank - Strengths
Strength - Consistent Profitability
Strength - Pan India Presence
Strength - Sound capital position
Strength - Increase in Core Deposits
Strength - Cost Control and Productivity
Canara Bank - Weaknesses
Weakness - Increase in Loan Loss Provision
Canara Bank - Opportunities
Opportunity - Expansion into High Growth Markets
Opportunity - Technological Improvements
Opportunity - Overseas Expansion
Canara Bank - Threats
Threat - Global Economic Imbalances
Threat - Need for Skilled Workforce
Threat - Intensifying Competition
Canara Bank - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Canara Bank, Recent Deals Summary
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments
Jan 12, 2010: Canara Bank To Open Branch In UK
Section 5 – Appendix