Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V. (ELEKTRA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Grupo Elektra S.A. de C.V. (Grupo Elektra) is a Latin America based financial services company. It sells household appliances, white goods, cellular telephones, consumer electronics, personal computers and furniture through Bodega de Remates, Elektricity store formats, Elektra and Salinas y Rocha. The company has expanded its presence with the use of mass market through its affordable credit in its 2000 outlets in eight countries. The company is structured in to two business units namely Financial Business and Commercial Business The financial business of the company operates through three main subsidiaries namely, Banco Azteca, Afore Azteca and Seguros Azteca. The company has its presence in countries such as Panama, Honduras, Brazil, Guatemala, Peru, El Salvador and Mexico. The company is headquartered in Mexico.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V., SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History, Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V. - Key Facts
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V. - Key Employees
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V. - Key Employee Biographies
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V. - Major Products and Services
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V. - History
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V. - Company Statement
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V. - Business Description
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V. - Strengths
Strength - Extensive Product Portfolio
Strength - Strong Operational Network
Strength - Healthy Financials
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V. - Weaknesses
Weakness - Revenue Concentration
Weakness - Poor Resource Management
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V. - Opportunities
Opportunity - New Product Offerings
Opportunity - Growing Demand in Emerging Markets
Opportunity - Rising Popularity of Online
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V. - Threats
Threat - Decreasing Shopping Trips
Threat - High Competition
Threat - Slow Economic recovery
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V. - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V., Key Facts
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V., Key Employees
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V., Key Employee Biographies
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V., Major Products and Services
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V., History
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V., Other Locations
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V., Subsidiaries
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V., Key Competitors
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V., Ratios based on current share price
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V., Annual Ratios
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V., Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V., Performance Chart (2006 - 2010)
Grupo Elektra, S.A. de C.V., Ratio Charts
Grupo Financiero Inbursa SAB de CV
Grupo Financiero Santander S.A.B. de C.V
Grupo Famsa, S.A.B. de C.V.
El Puerto de Liverpool, S. A. B. de C. V.
Grupo Comercial Gomo SA de CV
Loeb Americanas SA
Hanhwa Timeworld Co., Ltd